Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant win today, finally at the 40 point mark, with 7 games to spare, think Marco and Brands have a busy summer ahead. Need 5 first team players to come in and about 15 players shipped out

Voted for Pickers

Clean sheet and some excellent saves when we would have folded like a wet towel if Chelsea had scored.
Good for his confidence and good for us going forward

Wow, where did that result come from?
A few more performances like that second half and it might even be possible to look forward to playing the RS/Manure again.
Great result, a clean sheet and another ride on the rollercoaster of football that is E.F.C.
DCL MoM.

That really was the proverbial games of two halfs. They battered us first half and could've easily gone in 2 or three goals up but second half we were comfortably the better side and deserved the points.

I know it's not possible but it would be so much better if we could attack the Gwladys Street for the full 90 minutes. We always play better when kicking towards that goal.

721DA137-6406-4121-A317-65D9DCA32CE8.jpeg

Cheeky by the social media teenager this lol

Superb effort second half well done boys.First half was terrible to watch but our much maligned back 4 and GK defended manfully under extreme pressure.2nd half was a pleasure to watch Coleman got up the right time and time again at last freeing Richarlison forward that made all the difference.Coleman MOM for me.

Great result today. Don't get to go very often at all so was a real treat, was initially only looking forward to the day out rather than expecting anything.

As for the atmos, was genuinely better in the 1st half than a LOT of other games I've attended, esp. considering the terrible display. Think the siren, even the banner etc gave the crowd a little lift which sort of persisted. And although we rode our luck 1st half, keeping it 0-0 saved the place getting poisonous.

Second half of course was great to watch, Pickford made some immense saves and the place was jumping. Will leave proper analysis to those with actual knowledge, but Bernard was excellent and Davies impressed in his short game time.

Perhaps Chelsea ran out of steam after a midweek game, as they were fairly toothless in the 2nd half, but regardless I give Everton due credit. More like ths please blues. This is Everton, far as I'm concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.