Match Thread Everton v Burnley - Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1000039917.jpg

This is 100% a must win, nothing else is acceptable. This would bump us up to 29 points and would create a little distance between us and the teams below and drag Brentford and Palace back into the mix.

Its one of the remaining fixtures, that we should be taking 3 points from.

A loss would be unthinkable, but unfortunately possible.

Burnley aren't a serious team.

Failing to beat them at home would put us firmly in the 'deserve to go down' bracket.
I feared them more when Dyche was manager, but now he's our manager so I fear our attacking to be sacrified again.

I would be surprised by anything else than seeing a right side of Young and Godfrey.

Hopefully Gomes and Garner at least find their spot over Doucoure.

I feared them more when Dyche was manager, but now he's our manager so I fear our attacking to be sacrified again.

I would be surprised by anything else than seeing a right side of Young and Godfrey.

Hopefully Gomes and Garner at least find their spot over Doucoure.
It's a game I'd expect to win in spite of Dyche.

Burnley are the type to give stupid fouls away in dangerous areas and leave Tarkowski unmarked on corners.

Basically, a gang of losers.

W
Undoubtedly one of our 'have to win' games along with those against Luton and Forest.

The trouble is, we're terrible.
Would be nice to go to Kenilworth Road with a six-point lead over Luton and Sheff United at home next up.
But I fear it ain't going to happen

Burnley have 1 win in 14 and that came against Brenford who were down to 10 men for over 80 minutes.

Keep 11 players on the pitch, get the crowd behind them, score a spawny deflection early on and hold on for a nail biting 1-0 win.

Also let's hope Arsenal demolish Luton tonight.

Let the shackles off, get on the ball - Garner & Gomes in midfield, none of this Godfrey RB. Patterson or Coleman. Drop Doucoure he's been a joke

Pickford

Coleman Tarkowski Branthwaite Myko
Onana
Gomes Garner
McNeil DCL Danjuma​

Weatherman says blowing a gale on Saturday afternoon. If Dyche is going to stick with wellying the ball in the air we might want to change our walk out music for this one from Z Cars to the Benny Hill music to get them in the mood.

We're going to smash someone this season. It could well be these.

UTFT

Burnley will not sit in at Goodison. They will continue with their high line and try and play through.

We have the opportunity to grab 3 points at home.

Dyche has to attack and win this game no excuses here. Newcastle was a good point but let's face it a lucky point. This can be a turning point for him and the club.

Lots of pressure on this game but I pray Goodison will be rocking and behind every pass.

From the Newcastle game I think we can see changes because those subs changed the game.

XI v Burnley

Pickford
Godfrey - Tarkowski - Branthwaite - Mykolenko
Young - Gueye - Garner - Harrison
Gomes
DCL

I think McNeil is out on his feet every game so good opportunity to rest him plus give Harrison a chance on the left