Match Thread Everton v Burnley - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was torn between Doucore and Townsend for MoM but plumped for Andros Townsend for his assist and goal. Could have been 4 or 5 goals for us in the end. I thought Seamus had a great game, Gray was good in the second half and Allan was immense throughout again. I thought Gomes coming on gave us more solidity and he showed he's getting his silky skills back.

Burnley are a horrible football team and had the perfect referee in Atkinson to let them get away with their dirty tricks.

Still much to improve on. We were dire for the first 60 minutes tonight. However, very impressive that we not only came back to win, but we seized on the momentum shift and put them to the sword.

Townsend and gray looking like good signings. They remind me of the workhorse type players that fergie used to put in the utd teams of old. The ones who carry the "flair" players and do all the leg work. I think that's what we've missed for the last few years.

An unreal result, when we went 0-1 down, I felt like we were not in the game enough. Then we got the equaliser through a well worked goal, Townsends goal was just insane, like the type of goal he used to score when he first burst on the scene, then we got the third, which was a great counter. The 4th goal getting ruled out was a bit of a dissapointment, Doucoure looked level to me and I thought the officials were supposed to have thicker lines this year? Thankfully their 2nd was also ruled out for offside.
But in general the standard of refereeing was poor, Richarlison was tackled from behind several times and very little was done about it. Mcneil and tarkowski should both have been booked. We looked much better when we changed back to our regular 451.

Still much to improve on. We were dire for the first 60 minutes tonight. However, very impressive that we not only came back to win, but we seized on the momentum shift and put them to the sword.

Townsend and gray looking like good signings. They remind me of the workhorse type players that fergie used to put in the utd teams of old. The ones who carry the "flair" players and do all the leg work. I think that's what we've missed for the last few years.
you thought those goals were from 'workhouse' players? wow, I thought they were terrific.

Status
Not open for further replies.