Match Thread Everton v Brighton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets be honest, we would have taken a draw before the game and were unlucky not to win it. Think Dyche should have got fresh legs on much earlier which might have avoided the own goal so he has to do better. His subs have always been a bit dodgy tbh.

6 points clear of the bottom 3 and didn't get beat anyway.
Not having criticism of the manager for not using subs when they didn't look like scoring and they get a fluke goal.

Mate if anyone thinks Keane or Godfrey are the answer to seeing out a game I don’t know what to say
If all he's doing is sitting deep and heading balls out Keane is alright

Btw I don't think that was the answer, thought we should of took Harrison off for Patterson and moved young to right midfield.

Then took young off for Danjuma at some point after that to try and get a bit of control back in the game, Patterson overlapping might have gotten crosses in for DCL to have a go at

Not an easy watch. Bit like Burnley mid-week but more-so, we just let them have the ball and try to shut them out. Missed Onana today I think in terms of progressing the ball, although Gana was one of the reasons that they had very few chances

But was it really a mistake? it was a very unfortunate deflection.

I don't blame Young at all for the goal, the situation of keeping tired players on the pitch just results in the other team being able to press easier and force themselves into better positions to score from. They all defended as good as you'd expect and there's no blame on the players for a deflection that could have went anywhere. A bit of energy from some changes might have helped everyone out though.

Another point closer to safety against a good side. A lucky deflection for both teams gave the goals. I’ll take this sort of performance any day over getting run through 4-1 like they’ve done previously.

If Onana plays I think we do better with some of those counters, Gueye is just awful on the ball.

You need to win at home to stay up , we simply aren’t doing that atm

Status
Not open for further replies.