Match Thread Everton v Brighton Hove Albion - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Good team this Brighton side. Still, if we want to challenge for Europe it’s a game we should be winning. Be absolutely huge to go 4/4 before the break and the derby, make it so lads, let me dream.
Definitely, these are a better side than people think, but 12 points outta 12 gives us a massive head start for the season, it will come in big time for us at the run in for hopefully the top 4

These are a similar challenge to Palace, in good form, have good players, they work hard and they will believe they can win. That being said, if we have any ambitions for Europe we need to be winning these games and going into them believing we WILL win.
Carlo’s Chart Topping Blues 12/12 points? Go ed

They’ve conceded three goals twice already this season but are definitely a good team. Going to be another very hard game but then you never can predict much in the Premier League.

I think we will need to take our chances in this game. Weve seen whats happened with these last minute pens to teams (incl brighton) that dont.

Id back us to get 2 goals up and look to control the game.

These have been unlucky, it defo won’t be a walkover for us. Hopefully we’ll blitz them and get an early goal to settle nerves.

I’ll be optimistic and say 3-1 - Race into a 2-0 HT lead, get pegged back to 2-1 early doors second half and then hit them on the break around the 75-80 mark.

Depends what teams they and we put out midweek.

If we both go full strength or near enough I fancy us however if they rest a few and we dont I can see us being a little jaded for saturday.

Trossard has a lot of quality and Connolly will look to go down at every opportunity.

They have enough to cause us problems but they will offer us chances. If we take our chances we have a good chance.
Direct him to the Lisbon pre match, that's him out of the way.

BHA play full reserve teams in all Cup matches

Yeah I thought against Utd they may want a bit of blood after the league game and go for it but im not expecting it.

The cup comps are the main ones for us for me so I do want us to go near full strength but would rest the likes of Coleman, Gomes, Allan, James, Digne as think we would still have enough to beat WHU on the day at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.