Everton v Boro FA Cup 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

dead_soft

Player Valuation: £35m
Back to those grey, grey days of the early 2000s. The fear of terrorism, a parliament ready to take us to war, a Labour leader dividing the party, all so different to the glitz of 2015.

Travelling up to the grayest of gray cities what were you thinking? Were you thinking, 'let's smash these, go on an FA Cup run, and pray for survival?' or were you thinking, 'Let's get smashed by the most unlikely group of foreigners to end up in the north-east, and let's put us out of the misery of Walter and get a flame haired beauty from up the M6'?

It was a big decision and I can't really blame fans who thought the best option was a thrashing and putting Walter down.

Back to those grey, grey days of the early 2000s. The fear of terrorism, a parliament ready to take us to war, a Labour leader dividing the party, all so different to the glitz of 2015.

Travelling up to the grayest of gray cities what were you thinking? Were you thinking, 'let's smash these, go on an FA Cup run, and pray for survival?' or were you thinking, 'Let's get smashed by the most unlikely group of foreigners to end up in the north-east, and let's put us out of the misery of Walter and get a flame haired beauty from up the M6'?

It was a big decision and I can't really blame fans who thought the best option was a thrashing and putting Walter down.
the Gary's that were handed out like smarties on our coach eased the pain for a few hours that day

I still remember that day. Complete capitalisation.

I was not in the best of form for a few days after that match. Still, we got rid of Walter and got in Dave who went on to rebuild the club ready to pass it onto the Spaniard with the bestest brown shoes ever. Every cloud and all.

I still remember that day. Complete capitalisation.

I was not in the best of form for a few days after that match. Still, we got rid of Walter and got in Dave who went on to rebuild the club ready to pass it onto the Spaniard with the bestest brown shoes ever. Every cloud and all.

Every cloud what? Comes from Middlesborough?

I was there aged 18.

Dark day that. I can remember being sat there in the empty away end about 20 minutes after the final whistle thinking we were absolute certs to go down. What a truly appalling side we had.

The period of 2000 - 'boro 2002 is a grey blur of inadequate mediocrity in my mind.

I'm not advocating a return, but what a breath of fresh air Moyes was eh?

I remember thinking Walter Smith could turn it around, breifly. Dunno why, looking back.

The period of 2000 - 'boro 2002 is a grey blur of inadequate mediocrity in my mind.

I'm not advocating a return, but what a breath of fresh air Moyes was eh?

I remember thinking Walter Smith could turn it around, breifly. Dunno why, looking back.

When Smith got Dacourt, Materazzi and John Collins in the same window I thought it would be ok. It wasn't!

I remember watching the match in disbelief at the horror of that performance, willing Blomqvist to run at their full back in the hope of pulling a goal back. It really didn't get a lot worse than that even comparing to the dreadful 90s togger. Thank heavens for the flame haired one!

Status
Not open for further replies.