Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa (Thursday 16 July 18:00) - MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn’t take our biggest threat out of the attack though. I get the point though.
With Gordon he has been working hard for 12+ years to get to this point so he will be nervous. I think he is being handled well. Benefit of the season being over is his development could be prioritised over being ‘desperate’ for a result if you get me.
A season in the championship could do Braithwaite the world of good. Looks very confident.
I imagine there will be lots of changes during this transfer window and hopefully quite a few leaving. The biggest thing for Gordon is he is now considered a first team squad member and next season will hopefully cement himself as a first team regular.

I imagine there will be lots of changes during this transfer window and hopefully quite a few leaving. The biggest thing for Gordon is he is now considered a first team squad member and next season will hopefully cement himself as a first team regular.

yep. I just hope we dokeep that pressure away from
Him by bringing in some quality. By doing so we’d actually have some competition too. The lad has so much potential.

An improvement on the Wolves game but the players still seem to be going through the motions. Get the season over then hopefully Ancelotti can get some players in with a bit of a fight in them. At least 2 youngsters have been given a run out.

Can't help wondering what difference Gbamin and Delph would have made if available. Certainly more options that is for sure. The squad is in a sorry state. It will be very interesting to see if any new players can be got in during what appears to be a short close season. I really do hope that some players are shown the door and not given any more chances to deceive.

why have Gordon and Branthwaite come into the team and looked our best two players? These are kids and they look absolutely miles ahead of established internationals all around them. Gomes was part of the Portugal midfield winning the euros, Bernard was a Champions league winger and Brazil international, Siggurdson supposedly one of the top creative midfielders in the prem and an international star. Yet they’ve all declined so far that two kids from the academy can completely outshine them. WTF is going on at Finch Farm.

Remember when Davies and Dowell did the same in 2016?

Listened to the commentary by Darren Griffiths and Ian Snodin while travelling this evening and about a minute before Walcott equalised, Snodin said, "just can't see us scoring Daz, no penetration in the final third all game."
They did their best to make it sound interesting but when Villa took the lead, there was absolutely no surprise in their voices that we'd fallen behind.

Worrying times.

Gave it to Branthwaite, but, in fairness, it could have been Keane. Both of them played well but it was only a second prem appearance for the young boy, very impressive. By the way, did you see the size of him for an 18 year old? He’s going to be a monster in a couple of years.

Early days yet, but, if he keeps his feet on the ground he seems to have a lot of potential.

someone do a photoshop of scooby doo where they capture the villain and put ancelotti's head on the villain, then do a picture next to it where they reveal the actual villain and put a picture of marco silva's head.

thanks

Missed the match due to work. Gonna be Mr. Positive today. As of July 16th I didn't think we were as good as Villa but we are. So big ups on improving over last week!!

Status
Not open for further replies.