Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa (Thursday 16 July 18:00) - MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what the premier league.......the club's and Sky wanted to see played out to a conclusion. Let's hope that it was all worth it.
Let's hope that the money Everton get out of all this is spent wisely.
Let's hope that Ancelotti really is the manager many punters rate him to be. And he buys wisely. And gets Everton firing again.

We have been awful..the football has been awful.
Let's hope that it's because of the behind closed doors scenario. Let's hope it's because we are safe. Nothing really to play for....
And most importantly.......Let's hope that Carlo realises that we are rubbish. And that he has a plan to change things. If not.......then God help us.

And how about starting the next match with a 4-3-3 set up. Iwobi and Bernard kicked into touch. It isn't working with those two. Kean as CF. Richy and DC L either side. Davies....Siggy and Gordon across the middle. And reverting to 4-5-1 when needed. Just a thought.
Work to be done with this squad in the smallish close season. Just hope that Carlo is noting all our fralities. And can fix them. Rant over......

man, some of the comments here, So'ton walked all over us. This was a crap draw with a dire villa side but it was hardly like they totally outplayed us.
We played two kids, and definitely gave some squad members their last chance. It's all about Carlo preparing for next season now.

Of course mate those results were unacceptable we have to beat them at home. Carlo will make this right.

Interesting once again to see all the "he is crap" comments aout Iwobi, just cant understand why noone is questiong the selection process by the manager...it is obvious to evertone except he manager that Iwobi does not suit the job he is being asked to do week in and week out, and a job which almost automatically quarantees his substition around the 60th minute....I feel sorry for the lad, not bcaues criticism of his perforamces is unjust, but because the manager willingly puts the player in that situation, knowing full well wjhat the outcome will be.
I think he was brought in to do the ball-carrying job in Silva's 3 in midfield, there's no position for him in a 4-4-2 but no-one else to really play out there as Walcott can't start every game after his lay-off.

He's had a team with no players he's chosen 7th on points gained since he took over. He has no midfield.

What else were you wanting from him?
I agree completely, and we are fooling ourselves if we believe he will sign a team of world class players as he has been used to in all his successful career.. so what does he do? Ive no idea as he has no previous.. but looking at the line up he has put out since restart, and his decision not to change shape until we are struggling, and the complete disarray and soft arse approach of the majority of the squad recently to me shows his man management isnt having any positive effect on that squad.. I used Mourinho as a comparison in an earlier post as his record is very similar yet we queued up on here to run down anyone who thought he was right for our club.. but i need to hope that he will be able to change us, just cant work out at this time how

The players not showing a reaction for Ancelotti of all people against a very bad Villa side is pretty alarming.

Things to take from that game.
Branthwaite didnt look out of place. A good option. A premier league loan could be a good idea if we get in another defender.
Walcott and Coleman don't need to walk the plank this summer, both good squad players.
Gomes isn't completely broken and can do well in the right system with the right players.
I know Iwobi has been awful but I'd like to see him more central, see what he could do behind the strikers.
Bernard looks rattled, not sure theres a future for him, which is a shame.
Pick up a few mil for Davies. He'll do fine but he'll never be a top 4 player.
I'm not sure if DCL is having a blip or if this is his new normal. I'd like to see him come on at 60 mins in a game and know he can run his socks off for 30 mins.

At least the players are giving Carlo a free hand to get rid of any of them he choose, not one of them is stacking a claim for a starting spot next season. Holgate is the only one of them coming out of this with any credit and that is because he didn’t get a chance to play

I think the crap displays will be a blessing in disguise. Answers many questions and make the picture look more clear for Ancelloti. None of this flattering to deceive that muddies the water. Big job on but can certainly see a 100% improvement if he can get a few decent midfielders in that has worked with him before.

Talking to my 89 year old dad this morning, he was driving 15 miles over to my sisters to watch this. Asked him why ffs? Told him I have absolutely no interest any more, we are so awful to watch, no fluidity, no creativity, not fit enough. I just hope nobody we’re thinking of signing is watching us atm.

Iwobi looks more of a rugby league player than a footballer. Come to think of it maybe he is in the wrong sport.

Branthwaite only positive for sure from the match ;-)
Hopefully last 2 games we ll start Kean and try out younger kids to see if there are any potential in the u23s

First half Iwobi about 20 touches 19 to a villa player,terrible.2nd half he was our best player till he went off.Sums up our team.Branthwaite impressive.Kean thought he should been given a start but showed nothing when he came on.Feel sorry for Villa they've had it.Remember going to St.Andrews with a load of RS mates in about 1973.After about 20 mins jumped over the fence to join the Brum supporters we won 2-1 the Latch scored the winner,I think.Great day.Im sure it is a great day for all Birmingham supporters.Thank u for the Latch.Sorry we couldn't have beaten them but were not very good at the mo.

Status
Not open for further replies.