Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa (Thursday 16 July 18:00) - MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Branthwaite has looked tidy with the ball but I wont be judging him defensively based on 25mins versus a toothless Villa

At the very least it’s an improvement on what we’ve seen the last three games so far. However the standard of opposition isn’t exactly great and we still look toothless.

Strikers basically feeding on scraps again. Our most likely route to a goal appears to involve a cross from Digne but the quality hasn’t been good enough.

Davies has done nothing wrong today! He has been fine.

I know its fun to hate him these days and most weeks he is useless but he has been perfectly fine today.
We say that and completely forget it once he lays a massive egg during match. He can't be trusted 4/5 games

He offers for the ball more than a lot but many in his own half for the short pass. Needs to be told to express himself more and play a higher role
That’s fine if he makes himself available for a pass. But when is the last time he did anything when he got the ball. Opposition not worried when he gets the ball. He showed a lot of potential. I just don’t see it anymore. Was he coached this way? If so, why take someone who knew the importantance of closing down or making runs forwards and take the urgency out of his game? I personally just think he is a better player than what we are seeing at the moment.

Well DCL has been completely anonnymous and Richarlison has been crap so id say thats causing an issue

DCL has won everything that has been hoofed up to him. Richarlison has been fine for me. Unless they start coming back into midfield then its bound to be the case and Kean will not change that. Nobody can.

I'm not against him getting a run out or anything but the problem is the centre of the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.