Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

MOTM vs Aston Villa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is true to an extent, but Duncan got a win v a Chelsea team much better than this Villa side with a midfield of Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin.

Allan and Doucoure are in no way the worst pairing in the league in midfield. However, they need to both be played right (if Allan is fit) and played in the right system. If it's 442/4411, then that needs to be a low block but with aggression to press out.

If it's 433, then it has to be an aggressive system with a proper front three.

Benitez's biggest flaw was having our defence constantly exposed.
We need three in there for me preferably the third midfielder has the energy to get about so Gbamin or Onyango

We need three in there for me preferably the third midfielder has the energy to get about so Gbamin or Onyango
Same just feel if he could add some of the younger players into the team could add to the fight of the team has some big calls to do in alot of positions on the pitch rb,cb,lb,cm. Do think he needs to play 3 and at cm and hopefully we see the team fight for every ball.

Pickford
Patterson Mina Branthwaite Godfrey
Holgate
Doucoure Allan
Gray DCL Richarlison

Eyes out for Mykolenko, Onyango, Gordon off the bench.

I can’t wait for this game and gonna get to the ground early to watch the warm ups and soak up the atmosphere of a club that’s at one for the first time this season Players Fans Management team all in sync and pulling together
Look we are Everton we are playing at Goodison Rafael has gone we have a fit squad richi Gray dcl up front, Gordon off the bench Mina at cb, no Iwobi or Rondon.
Slippy on the sidelines next to Duncan
It’s a recipe for a brilliant day ?
We will win 2-1 and 3 huge points
COYFT

Pickford
Coleman Keane Yerry Godfrey
Gordon Doucoure Allan Gordon
Richi DCL

How I think he'll go.

Would like to see Patterson finally but doubt he risks him vs Digne.
That’s side will be there weak link now, Digne is great going forward but his defending isn’t great.

Wish Digne well, but hope to see Seamus send him to the stands, literally.
UTFT
A lot seem to be concerned about Digne, yes in an attacking sense he’s good, defending he isn’t that good. Why do you think he only moved to Villa? Because the top teams could see this, our right side could well be the side to attack Villa, Coleman imo is actually better and stronger at defending than Digne.

Status
Not open for further replies.