Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

MOTM vs Aston Villa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s a reason we are where we are, and a new manager isn’t going to suddenly turn everything in one game.
We tried a different system and personnel because the previous didn’t work, it will all take a bit of time and working on.

What makse youthink he will be in charge for the next 4 - 5 games?

Your own summary casts doubt on his managership. Where did he ever try to turn round with subbing?
Yeah but what was he going to do with the main problem of midfield, he had Alan and Ony.
I'd say he went in with some straight forward tactics at the start of each half with issues everywhere that are difficult to sort in one match.
If he chose to alter things drastically he could of ended up looking like a tit.
As it was, if Mina had put one of those headers in a decent place it would have been completely different, energy and atmosphere goes up and a good chance at the win.
It was one match that was never going to live up to the Chelsea one.

Yeah but what was he going to do with the main problem of midfield, he had Alan and Ony.
I'd say he went in with some straight forward tactics at the start of each half with issues everywhere that are difficult to sort in one match.
If he chose to alter things drastically he could of ended up looking like a tit.
As it was, if Mina had put one of those headers in a decent place it would have been completely different, energy and atmosphere goes up and a good chance at the win.
It was one match that was never going to live up to the Chelsea one.

You cannot rely on a CB getting a goal, that is what strikers are for. His problems were not just MF but the selection of the back four, I still hold to my view that it should have been Patterson, Godfrey, Mina and Myko.
Upfront should been Gordon to start as he could drop back in to MF not Townsend. Tactics should have been 4 -3 -3 not his favourite 4 - 4 - 2.

Why is it that he could not see what he had was not working and did only one sub? Strikes me has not learnt from sitting by FSW.

Hiya lads, not been online for a day and missed a lot of comments.
What we need is DCL to come to the party now.

We have waited a long time and made excuses around his injury.

However if we are all honest, his one main contribution since returning is a missed penalty

We need him putting that one chance a game in the back of the net, more than ever.

Yep. I get the fitness issues.
I know he has been out a while.

So it would be great to see him properly back.

Yep. I know there are problems elsewhere!

We need his goals.

Apologies for writing more than four lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.