Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

MOTM vs Aston Villa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t care which 11 players start, I believe they will be the best 11 to beat Aston Villa in the eyes of Duncan Ferguson and that is good enough for me. If Dunc can’t get a tune out of this lot then I’m afraid no one can. I have read some of the things DCL has said and hopefully there is some truth in it and it is not the usual BS we get fed from players following the latest defeat.
I will be clued to this game to see an improvement in our attitude right across the team. We may not win but my goodness we had better put in a shift.
Facing Digne really concerns me.

Big man needs media training and a lot more self confidence.
Struggled to answer most of them questions tbh.
If he doesnt believe he's ready for a shot at managing us now then he needs to go elsewhere after this interim roles up, or maybe he's happy being an assistant his whole life.

FSW proved that.
Spot on.
Coleman at lb. What was that all about. Five at the back and we leak goals like a sieve. Think I also remember us playing five at the back against Bristol City a few years back. Think it's the first time that I remember us playing that system. We conceded 3 goals. We won 5-3. But still concede far too many. Then I think we played that system against Chelsea. We got thumped 6-3. I'm sure we might have won the odd match playing 3-5-2. But not that many. We just don't have the players to play that way.
Now if Ferguson changes and mix s things up a bit. Who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.