Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

MOTM vs Aston Villa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Duncan Ferguson (in the interview on the Everton website) Allan is a big doubt for Saturday. Hopefully Mason Holgate won't be put in midfield again. He was excellent there v Man U last time Ferguson was in charge but has been poor the odd time he has played in midfield since then. Who else though? Gbamin? Onyango?

According to Duncan Ferguson (in the interview on the Everton website) Allan is a big doubt for Saturday. Hopefully Mason Holgate won't be put in midfield again. He was excellent there v Man U last time Ferguson was in charge but has been poor the odd time he has played in midfield since then. Who else though? Gbamin? Onyango?
It'll be 4 4 2 with doucoure and delph or gomes I reckon...he had sigurdsson and schneiderlin in a 2 against Chelsea.

Be surprised if he goes 4 3 3 - although I would like to see Gbamin turn into a beast...

Interesting to see if the comment about Allan is a bluff, learning the managerial craft.
Maybe?

Can’t wait to see the team sheet, it really feels like we’ve got an Everton fan in charge of the team for once.
Well he hasn't been training and he was out for the Norwich game, so it seems that he's indeed struggling.

A lot seem to be concerned about Digne, yes in an attacking sense he’s good, defending he isn’t that good. Why do you think he only moved to Villa? Because the top teams could see this, our right side could well be the side to attack Villa, Coleman imo is actually better and stronger at defending than Digne.
Honestly don't remember his last decent game for us, he flattered to deceive IMO, often got done for pace and was short of effort.

Can we for once just go a goal ahead. Then push for a second. And just win this match. The collective sigh of relief will be wonderful. And this old supporter will give a little punch in the air. Job done. Who s next.
Now of course it won't be easy. Never is. But now I think that we have a chance. But our defence has to step up. Be set up proper. Be alert.
No bloody mistakes.
We need another body in midfield. Who? Onyango? When is the right time to play this guy? And Ferguson will no doubt change things if not working out. Benetiz changed nothing.
And up front. Just take our chances. Or at least a few of them. Missing penalties is imo a mistake. Every bit as bad as the mistakes from Coleman and Keane. So take our chances. Boss the midfield. And defend solid . Keep a clean sheet.
Easy this manager lark.

I admit to getting caught up in the Duncan Ferguson hype. A repeat to his Chelsea result and atmosphere would be great. And then a few wins. And then it becomes just natural and second nature to having the big man running the show. Making all the correct decisions. Bringing in and playing the right players. Winning football matches..
Well that's the theory anyhow. Wishful thinking? Let's see what happens. Let's see how all this pans out. Can't really be much worse. Good luck to Ferguson tomorrow. Good luck to the team. Good luck to us all. Let's rock and roll.
Up The Toffees........

I can’t wait for this game and gonna get to the ground early to watch the warm ups and soak up the atmosphere of a club that’s at one for the first time this season Players Fans Management team all in sync and pulling together
Look we are Everton we are playing at Goodison Rafael has gone we have a fit squad richi Gray dcl up front, Gordon off the bench Mina at cb, no Iwobi or Rondon.
Slippy on the sidelines next to Duncan
It’s a recipe for a brilliant day ?
We will win 2-1 and 3 huge points
COYFT

Spot on!

Status
Not open for further replies.