Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

MOTM vs Aston Villa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rome wasn't built in a day.

And on that basis I don't think we'll get much out of this game but I want to see some heart and fight. A little coherence and organisation with a simple effective defensive set up and utilisation of our faster forwards and set plays to try and nick something from the game.

So 7-0 with a Rondon overhead kick from 30 yards to seal his hat-trick. Up the toffees!

I see SlippyG is trying to get Suarez, thank goodness will not make it for this game.

I can see what he is doing, a quick bit of success onthe back of Ville lines him up to take over at Anfield in the next year or so when Klopp leaves.

Can see it now. Digne whips a cracking ball into the box, Michael Keane trips over his laces and buries a stunning diving header into the top corner of the net. 94th minute, 0-1. Gerrard, Gary McAllister run on the pitch to celebrate chased by a rabid Duncan Ferguson, cheered on by perennial bell end Bill Kenwright, who after the match said it reminded him of 1966 cup final when the copper chased Eddie Cavanagh. Everton enter liquidation on Sunday.

If Benitez was still here it'd be 100% lose. I think Duncan is the only man on the planet who can instil some passion into these players, and man for man, we are better than them.
I’ll be rooting for that win for as long as the game lasts but where Duncan wlll bring passion through the crowd Gerard will bring nous and plenty of it, still rooting for that Everton victory though, that weak midfield gives me nightmares.

I think I'd be equally unsurprised to see Everton achieve a startling improvement or suffer an utter rout. I just don't understand this team.

And it'll be a drag seeing Digne in those colors, but I suppose if he wanted to continue playing in royal blue he would've dragged his feet a bit rather than dashing out the door.

If Duncan chooses largely the same players then we'll get beaten. Keane and Rondon, for starters, cannot be anywhere near the side. Coleman I would like to see gone but I can't see Duncan dropping him. If we started with Patterson at RB, Mina and Godfrey at CB and all of Gray, Richarlison, DCL, Doucoure and Allan playing then I think we will win.

Status
Not open for further replies.