Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

MOTM vs Aston Villa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Better second half. A more savvy and better drilled team did a number on us and took the points. It will take a month or two of grinding out games in that style before we get to Villa standard.

Need that effort every game from now. Need to get scoring as well.

No idea who the next permanent manager will be but I'm very concerned about our league position with the problems we have.

No problem with that performance – they gave it everything, just lacking quality as always. On another day something bounces in our favour and we win 2-1.

More of that intensity and we'll be fine.

We're so reliant on Gray having a good game at the moment. Shame he had an off day.

No idea why the hate for JJK. He had a decent game. No idea why the fans get on his back.

Gordon should have started, no reason at all for Townsend to be in there, unless there was a five in midfield
Gomes was awful and Allen should have started
Kenny should be no where near the pitch, i'm not a fan of Coleman but he is twice the player of Kenny

Love Dunc, but I thought the formation and player selection was poor.

The players gave it all, but the quality is just no there at all

Absolutely archaic tactics today. The crowd were up for it, the players were up for it but playing percentage football from the first minute onwards is relying on luck to be in your favour.
The shocking standard of refereeing won’t help Everton either this season and seems as if they are doing their bit to hamper any progress. The entire season, whether Everton will survive in the Premier league now rests on a decision to be made by the same imbeciles who signed Iwobi and brought you Ronald Koeman, Benitez and who interviewed Slaven Bilic and Cannavaro. As desperate times as I can ever remember and I’ve seen a shed load.

We need a real change. Play the young players and even we lose a game or two we are moving away from being repetitious and probing the possibilities

Status
Not open for further replies.