Everton v Aston Villa. 18th Oct at 15.00.

Who is scruffier?

• Aston Villa

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • ASTON VILLA

Votes: 115 63.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 34 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
...really, don't think that's the case.

Definitely Everton v Villa

Everton-Away-Fans.jpg

Just for the record I am absolutely dreading this one - with Keane they seem to be a different proposition and have only gone down the pan with a cruel run of fixtures.

Think Osman will start as both Home and Away versions of this fixture last season he came on and changed the game.

Just for the record I am absolutely dreading this one - with Keane they seem to be a different proposition and have only gone down the pan with a cruel run of fixtures.
There still [Poor language removed], just harder to break down defensively now

Liked the preview Chico especially the descriptions of Oviedo and Stones.

No idea what to think for the game. At the start of the season we played well in the first 45mins before fading in the second, then flirted with being poor the whole game but in the last couple we've been the better team heading into the final whistle.

Just hope this is the game we finallly click and we batter them.

This is going to be a tough game as well know. They are going to do a Palace and get lots of men behind the ball. I know its an obvious thing to say but the result here will depend on the team selection. We need creativity to try and break down what is (surprisingly with Senderos in there) a stubborn Villa defence.

I'd guess the line up will be something like:

Howard
Hibbert Jagielka Alcaraz Baines
Besic Barry
McGeady Naismith Pienaar
Lukaku

This is absolutely a game where we need McGeady and his box of tricks to try and engineer some openings. I wouldnt be surprised to see Barkley in there from the start - maybe on the left if Pienaar is not quite there, especially with how well it sounds training has gone this week. Osman is another who may get the nod as hes a little more deft than Atsu.

I think he will go with Alcaraz just because hes not really had a look in. With the amount of mistakes Distin has made this season, not just the glaring ones but even the simple passes to Baines that are always behind him, I would expect Alcaraz to think this will be his chance to get into the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.