Match Thread Everton v Arsenal - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh I think they expected their customary (against us at least) entitlement to possession from the ref:

1) ping it around
2) get tackled
3) fall over
4) get the ball back
5) repeat until we can't press them at all
= profit

They realised they'd actually have to play a bit in the second half, by which point the home crowd was up

No matter what, one thing that never changes with Arsenal, the amount of whinging they do. I was talking to an Arsenal fan in the chippy after the game yesterday, and I mentioned the whinging at every decision that goes again them, he actually said it was embarrassing.

I'm surprised more isn't being made of Ozil throwing his coat at Silva. it's certainly, in my eyes. behaviour that shouldn't go unpunished for fear it could lead to escalation. As a fan you could well be subject to a Football Banning Order if you throw anything towards any area in which spectators or other people are or may be present. so I would expect a number of games ban if I player is charged with the same offence.

I'm surprised more isn't being made of Ozil throwing his coat at Silva. it's certainly, in my eyes. behaviour that shouldn't go unpunished for fear it could lead to escalation. As a fan you could well be subject to a Football Banning Order if you throw anything towards any area in which spectators or other people are or may be present. so I would expect a number of games ban if I player is charged with the same offence.
Surely he was aiming at Emery, but skied it...
Fair point though

Fantastic performance from the lads this weekend and in the last few weeks. Things are finally looking like they could be coming together. A few weeks ago we were looking at getting maybe 5 or 6 points from our last 10 games, now I think we could beat anybody.

It's nice to see us doing better against the top 6 sides as well. After a run of just 7 points from 25 games against the top 6, we've just got 7 points from our last 3 games against them. I'm a lot more confident of our games coming up against Man Utd and Spurs now. It would be nice to be the ones to inflict their first defeat at their new stadium.

The coat softly sailed through the air, hurting nobody, before limply and lonely landing in the dirt - a bit like Ozil's performance and substitution!

This was a new Everton, for me. They worked hard for 90 minutes and closed Arsenal down when they had the ball which is something I haven't seen much
of in this team. I was a bit nervous at half time, because I expected Arsenal to come out and move up a gear or two and doubted whether we would cope.

I needn't have worried, because we were even better in the second half and 1-0 didn't do us justice in the end.

Old Everton would have found a way to capitulate late in a game we utterly dominated for 90 minutes after wasting so many golden chances to put the game out of reach

Not Silva's post-Millwall Everton. We are an impenetrable force now

We're gonna win the league next year

We really should have battered them....
Just had my first chance to see the game highlights on TV.
A full half hour of it as I was in the gym, no soundtrack, just from the wall mounted screens.
I could hardly believe my eyes. Such a one sided game which everyone agrees should have been won by more than the one goal.
Well done to them all.

I won't be able to follow the next game away to Fulham as I will be working but I have this strange feeling of confidence and belief. Don't Everton it up lads. Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.