Everton U21s

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hibbert Agenda

Player Valuation: £20m
So as of yesterday Everton's U21 won their league with 2 games to spare, which is no mean feat so congrats to them.
For those who have been watching the games, what are thoughts on those involved? Any ready for the step up yet?
I understand the league is broken up into several different leagues, the winners of which play each other, etc, but its still impressive.
Also makes me wonder, if it is just the reserve league, how we are sitting with the least amount of players featuring in the EPL when we clearly have a very capable reserve team in the background..
thoughts?

There are 3 groups - we failed to qualify for the Elite group but then won one of the two standard leagues. We'll now play off against the winner of the other standard league to face the winner of the elite group in the semi final.
Win that and we'll play either the second or third placed Elite team in the final.

Our U18 team is in the elite league and has a good chance of making the top 3.

Both our teams tend to play youngsters so that our U18 team contains lots of 15/16 year olds and our U21 team is made up of 18/19 year olds. U18 won 3-0 against United last week.

Our U16 team destroys all comers. Last 3 results are 8-1 win, 6-0 win and 3-0 win (vs Southampton who are regarded as the other major talented team)

There are 3 groups - we failed to qualify for the Elite group but then won one of the two standard leagues. We'll now play off against the winner of the other standard league to face the winner of the elite group in the semi final.
Win that and we'll play either the second or third placed Elite team in the final.

Our U18 team is in the elite league and has a good chance of making the top 3.

Both our teams tend to play youngsters so that our U18 team contains lots of 15/16 year olds and our U21 team is made up of 18/19 year olds. U18 won 3-0 against United last week.

Our U16 team destroys all comers. Last 3 results are 8-1 win, 6-0 win and 3-0 win (vs Southampton who are regarded as the other major talented team)

My lad plays for the s***e but even there they talk about our 15 year old being an exceptional group.

Been to quite a few U21 games this season - wish some more people would attend!

Duffy is pretty consistent at the back, you can see him improving every game. Kennedy looked good last night, as did Chris Long

Went last night, Duffy, Matty Kennedy and Chris Long stood out most for me, couldn't give too much of an opinion on John Stones as in the second half he played as a left & right sided midfielder (wtf?!).

Franny Junior and Vellios did naff all, whereas you could hear every expletive that came out of Hibbert's mouth loud and clear, it was hilarious.

Went last night, Duffy, Matty Kennedy and Chris Long stood out most for me, couldn't give too much of an opinion on John Stones as in the second half he played as a left & right sided midfielder (wtf?!).

Franny Junior and Vellios did naff all, whereas you could hear every expletive that came out of Hibbert's mouth loud and clear, it was hilarious.

Yeah them three stood out for me, Long was very skillful. Who was the Number 17 who came on in the second half? I wasn't concentrating and didn't get the name, he looked pretty good too.

Vellios has been like that every game i've went to, he has a few shots but nothing special whatsoever.

Any London/Home Counties based Toffee's doing the Spurs game on Mon?

As i mentioned before - cost is £5.

P.S Good luck with your search for a new manger. A bit of an unusual occurence for you chaps. A pretty regular one for us!

Any London/Home Counties based Toffee's doing the Spurs game on Mon?

As i mentioned before - cost is £5.

P.S Good luck with your search for a new manger. A bit of an unusual occurence for you chaps. A pretty regular one for us!

I'm going but i live in Liverpool. Would of loved AVB is he was free mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.