Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh King would be perfect tbh. Can play RW and as a striker. Has a good number of goals at a team who isn't all that. Think he would get goals with this midfield behind him.

And then gazzaniga or Romero depending on who folds out of spurs and United.

I'd be very happy if this happens and just happy if we do no other business.

If this was 10 years ago we would be looking at a kalou style attacker to cover both roles when needed.

I pray we are because as we have lost richarlison , lewen goes down Vs Wales in a bad way and we have no attack whatsoever.

Even if they are a 30 plus carthorse journeyman , we need some sort of backup to have someone there.

Tosun really isn't the answer and that could be the difference between us challenging further up the pitch if and when we lose our attack.

The problem is that they were always options anyway. I think really we need a proper striker on the books who can come on and change games, and who can fill in if DCL is injured/out of form. Changing the whole set up because one player gets injured isn't ideal, and that's basically what we'll be doing at the moment. It would be disappointing I think, if we don't manage to bring another option in before the window closes.

Yeah it would. It's going to be hard though for a number of reasons. DCL is quite obviously our starting striker, nobody will be shifting him from that role for the foreseeable future and Richarlison will be the one filling in there if need be. So you have to sell a back up role during a pandemic where you cant even do much other than just sit on the bench for us.

Of course we do have a couple of things going in our favour though, many players would love to work under Ancelotti and of course they will only need to make 10 appearances to pick up their league winners medal at the end of the season...

Missed a trick not making Rodriguez hold a Gregg's pastie
I'm sure someone on hear can Photoshop that up in no time!

4032FB8B-3C02-44EF-A7F3-3897548694AA.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.