Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signing Spurs' third choice keeper in Gazzaniga really doesn't fill me with hope. Which much rather we buy proven with Sergio Romero.
Lets get this right for a moment.

He isn't third choice because of ability, Any spurs fan will tell you he is quite comfortably above hart in terms of playing ability.

Spurs had 11 clean sheets last season, Gazzaniga is responsible for 6 of those.

Why he may have to leave is because at this moment in time spurs have too many foreign players for the new regulations, So he is someone they would get rid of.

That does not mean he is a bad player, just an expendable one.

Nigel Martyn was also third choice for leeds when he signed for us, Not to directly compare the two but there are reasons beyond playing ability for those circumstances.

Least they have two decent keepers ahead. Instead of Lloris and Daddy Pickford.
I don't think Hart was signed because they think he's better than Gazzaniga but instead just because they need the homegrown slots filled. I think he's playing because they need him to stay longer and want him to not hate it immediately.

And even if Spurs do think Hart isn't completely done and is better than Gazzaniga, they're wrong. Just get the guy in so we don't have Pickford ruining the whole season.

Signing Spurs' third choice keeper in Gazzaniga really doesn't fill me with hope. Which much rather we buy proven with Sergio Romero.
Gazzaniga played 18 league games last season. Romero has played 1 since 2017.

Don't think this is a slam dunk either way. If we can loan I lean toward Romero, but if it has to be a purchase then surely Gazzaniga is the choice. Gazzaniga's wages are sure to be lower also, you know Levy doesn't have him on a high wage.

I don't think Hart was signed because they think he's better than Gazzaniga but instead just because they need the homegrown slots filled. I think he's playing because they need him to stay longer and want him to not hate it immediately.

And even if Spurs do think Hart isn't completely done and is better than Gazzaniga, they're wrong. Just get the guy in so we don't have Pickford ruining the whole season.
yeah hart has been god awful, not sure what they are thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.