Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
bit disappointed if no attacker (winger/striker) is coming in. I know we have cover but a long term injury to Richarlison and or DCL and we will struggle in my opinion. Because there will ber games where we need to rotate or bring on a different option
It's a massive gamble but I'm still hopeful that we will do some more business

Our difficulty is though, in a system which is essentially 1 up top how do you get someone in who's just going to be a back up? To an extent we found this under Lukaku and Spurs had similar with Kane.

If Calvert Lewin gets injured we play Richarlinson as the 9. We gamble they both don't get injured. It would be unfortunate in the 2.5 months before if that happened.

I know it's not roundly popular, but someone like King, who can play across the front for on a short term deal makes some sense. Maybe we look to do something with Milik on a pre-contract agreement for the summer? I'm sure we spin things with Kean, but in reality he's not coming back here.
Yeah I said earlier a player like King, in the short term, is exactly what we need really. In an ideal world you'd get better of course, but for where we are he'd fit in well. It wouldn't be a good long term move though, so for the fees involved I don't see it happening.

Not for this league he isnt, in my opinion.

He's decent in the box player, his all round game is very poor unfortunately, and doesn't have the pace or movement to be decent in the prem.

Although he's a bit like the Turkish Glenn Murray, if you put it on a plate for him he'll score more often than not.

Not crap, not amazing. Just ok.
Sounds about right for a 3rd choice striker on a squad with no European competition.

There is no improvement but there is also no real loss. I don't see why Gordon or Iwobi cant offer more than Walcott for example and honestly you could put Simms in and probably get the same output as we got from Kean.

Or it's finally Sandro's time to shine....

They are both left wingers - will that cause us problems ?

There is no improvement but there is also no real loss. I don't see why Gordon or Iwobi cant offer more than Walcott for example and honestly you could put Simms in and probably get the same output as we got from Kean.

Or it's finally Sandro's time to shine....
The problem is that they were always options anyway. I think really we need a proper striker on the books who can come on and change games, and who can fill in if DCL is injured/out of form. Changing the whole set up because one player gets injured isn't ideal, and that's basically what we'll be doing at the moment. It would be disappointing I think, if we don't manage to bring another option in before the window closes.

Status
Not open for further replies.