Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If kean is being allowed to go on loan then we need a replacement

Wonder if psg have a goalie and striker who we can have.
Definitely think Kean will be going. Hopefully we have a replacement in mind.. Think we are going to have to get used to seeing Pickford making his mistakes till next summer

Jesus! I knew nothing about Lössl & just assumed he’s a kid.

He’s 31 !!!!! & a Danish international FFS!

If he’s not deemed good enough to replace Pickford, then our keeper options are worse than I thought.

Give you a clue to how good Lössl is, I’d rather play Pickford.

He was goalkeeper for Huddersfield in their two years in the Prem and it’s safe to say that he didn’t really cover himself in glory. A decent backup, that’s it.

Ancelotti doesn’t fancy Millik I’ve read a few times; so not sure what we’d go for.
Interesting. I've never really watched it but from highlights he seems similar to DCL in terms of being good in the air etc, but nowhere near as good. Could be an interesting couple of days.

Interesting. I've never really watched it but from highlights he seems similar to DCL in terms of being good in the air etc, but nowhere near as good. Could be an interesting couple of days.

Would he come to sit on the bench? With a Euros upcoming?

DCL is unstoppable at the moment, so he wouldn’t be starting, I guess if we were to go for him, we’d be in control as he’s not even getting in the Napoli Squad let alone XI, at the moment.

Id be against Romero as there must be an underlying reason why united didnt play him over De Gea.

Solskjaer has been on record defending his highest earning employee many times, Olé himself was responsible for 'rewarding' de Gea with a massively improved lucrative new contract maintaining he was too valuable to lose. To have ditched him would have been such an indictment on himself as a manager he constantly took the easier route of he'll come good

Why not Romero then for United? Olé finally had to admit that de Gea wasn't under pressure from any long term answer, Romero like Caballero at Chelsea isn't getting any younger he's in no way anything other than a very short term solution, but to drop de Gea for him would give the worst of both worlds for Olé. It would massively undermine his own decision making in giving De Gea such a lucrative new contract and have then demoted the player in favour of what could only be a very temporary solution. He did though have eyes and knew he had to take the hit on his own reputation at the end of the season by bring back Henderson, the long term answer, after his loan period to Sheff united had expired. Credit to Solskjaer for eventually acting but you can see he still desperately wants de Gea to succeed and be his number one

So while Romero was never going to be a permanent solution the situation with Solskjaer made him extremely reluctant to lose any faith in de Gea.

For us It's primarily lack of time and whether there's any real prospect, even at this late stage of somehow negotiating a deal for a long followed target, that I think a temporary solution far more likely. If they were going to make a big investment it can't be rushed through at the last minute, poor decisions long regretted are usually the result of such panic moves, next summer sounds far more reasonable for a permanent solution. In the meantime he may now be tempted to take out an insurance policy against Pickford costing us by signing Romero

Last edited:
Donnarumma is a pipe dream unless we win the league!

He is Juventus or PSG next keeper - nailed on.

Keepers who we should be interested:

Bartlomiej Dragowski - Florentina

Mike Maignan - Lille

Status
Not open for further replies.