Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
You only have to look at the impact of Henderson in Sheffield United. He almost single handedly got them top 10. They look a shadow of the team without him. Although he is better I don’t think Romero is that much of an upgrade on Pickford. Better yes, but the game changer Henderson was I doubt it. The goalkeeping position is as important as a 20 goal a season striker. You only have to look at Allison and Ederson and the impact they’ve had on their teams.
I'm not mad on Henderson. I watched him in a youth competition for England either a year ago or the year before that and he was awful. No doubt he's better than Pickford though.

Bumped into someone I used to work with today. Big Everton fan. According to him we're after a highly rated centre back from Benfica - Ruben Diaz. Apparently they'll have to sell after spending big on players and then not making the proper rounds of the champions league.
I know nothing more!

I like him, Nymz.

But if the Joyce article is right and we're looking at him demanding £100k p/wk, plus the fee, it's steep.

I'd be confident in Brands getting the fee down, but those wages...

You have to pay for quality.

Cant say I'm an expert on the boy, but he's very highly rated, good age, 100k a week really is nothing these days.

Rodiguez took an enormous cut on wages to come here. I’m sure Romero would take a cut.

Hopefully.
Then again James was taking a cut from what, £300k p/wk down to like, £160/170k (he's on a huge amount, I know that much).

Anyway, do think he'll be the one we go for. Transfer wise it'll be a busy few weeks for us.

Reckon it's two targets we're after - CB, goalkeeper. Then see a late push for a winger, but will have to ship others out, and possibly a RB if Kenny leaves, but think we're happy to leave that to whether a club bids for JJK.

You have to pay for quality.

Cant say I'm an expert on the boy, but he's very highly rated, good age, 100k a week really is nothing these days.

Romero?

Hmm, he's 33. I know it's not 'old' as he's a keeper, but it's 2-3 years really, and I don't think he'd be coming in to definitely be first choice (not that he needs to be, we just need a good option).

If he gets a 3-year deal, which is probably what he'd want (even if it's an option for a third) you're looking at £15/16m in wages. Add in a £10m fee and it's £25m for a half-decent 33-year-old GK.

Status
Not open for further replies.