Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if we go in for him on loan and end up with someone else as well.

I would almost certainly expect a loan for him if our interest is firmed up. Probably cheaper terms as well and generally easier to do business with a club outside the PL also.

I'd like a second loan at RW but harder to get a feasible option there I'd say.

You have to get lucky with loans, you can strike gold at times if you have a buy option negotiated in advance and things work out, but a lot of the time you're really only just getting in another body. It seems obvious but the player has to be worth pursuing on their own merits.

I would almost certainly expect a loan for him if our interest is firmed up. Probably cheaper terms as well and generally easier to do business with a club outside the PL also.

I'd like a second loan at RW but harder to get a feasible option there I'd say.

You have to get lucky with loans, you can strike gold at times if you have a buy option negotiated in advance and things work out, but a lot of the time you're really only just getting in another body. It seems obvious but the player has to be worth pursuing on their own merits.

Any suggestions for a RW loan?

Barca don’t really have anyone who’s available for sale / loan on the right side for obvious reasons

Any suggestions for a RW loan?

Barca don’t really have anyone who’s available for sale / loan on the right side for obvious reasons

None really, I think we'd get Denis Bouanga on a permanent deal for somewhere between £10-£12m though, which isn't much, when you consider a down payment might be equivalent to a loan fee for someone else. Haven't seen any recent links though, so it seems we're not interested.

really think we should have been looking at it this summer myself. Look we all knew how bad our midfield was, but we had plenty of numbers there imo to get by if we only bought one of allan or doucoure. We messed up massively by not getting a centre back last summer. Yeah branthwaite has come into the fold, but he shouldn't be 4th choice just yet. Still think we need an experienced centre back there as our numbers are horrific in that department, especially now with injuries and gibson gone.

The reality is, we might find it hard to get rid of delph or davies or both so we now have so many midfielders for 2/3 spots and really 3 and a half centre backs. I would have preferred us to have targeted 1 mid and 1 CB first and then maybe get doucoure, for example at a later date if we managed to offload a load.

Disagree mate, if we hadn't signed 2 centre mids this summer we'd have had to watch Davies or Gylfi in there again this season. Midfield was defo the priority.

Don't get me wrong we need to strengthen at the back too. But 2 competent centre mids were an absolute must if we wanted to play any sort of decent football

Status
Not open for further replies.