Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gomes had a poor injury record at Barca and goes off with niggles since his move here. Not saying he misses tons of games but I've seen him hobble off the field on a few occasions after going into a 50/50 etc which is part of a mdfielders job - compare that to Richarlison who gets lumps kicked out of him and barely goes off/misses a game.

Add in Coleman, Walcott, Mina, Gbamin its clear we have a squad full of crocks in comparison to others in the league - its nothing to do with luck.

You mean those 2 who have serious, career threatening injuries, that’s your evidence. So basically you’re upset because there’s 2/3 people who pick up knocks

good grief

‘Or maybe they just sign physically fit players?’
I wish this urban myth would go away. ie English players are fitter than Russian, Slovak, etc etc. Do you think you could play football in ANY professional football league without being fit? I was in Slovakia to watch Ruzemberok v Everton and the slovak players were fitter faster than us imo. Granted there may be some issue at Everton with physios but doubt it. We are just cursed by the sons of satan in red...

I think you'll be in for a shock at what business, if any, a club does this summer.

Sure but I'm referring to a post-COVID transfer market which has been hinted at by many clubs already to be pretty low-key.

??????

You gave an example of what kinda business you think we should do: £25m signings of players like Bellingham, Camavinga, Tonali etc. working it around the fact maybe clubs will worry this is the most they can get for them post-COVID.

I say we won't be spending £25m on a player.

Then you question where £25m comes from?! Worry about your brain sometimes honest.

Were you dropped on your head as a kid or something. I've just shown in your own quotes where you've said we should sign these £25m players.
No, I don't think we'll spend £25m on one player. Hardly rocket science to notice that's what I was referring to. Why do people suddenly think we'll be lavish in the next window.

Anime Esk.

Gentle massage of advice here...best not to repeatedly insult people on their thoughts, ideas, hopes and dreams when you are decidedly off-piste.

All rather obtuse. Time to lay off the playstation and chop some wood or something...

No need to reply, i wont open 'ignored posts for a while'.

Shalke have got to throw £15m at Kenny now after conceding 8 first game of the season!

They dont seem to have the money...also we shouldnt loan him there as his confidence will be battered + likely wont be able to use it as a springboard.

With Kenny id rather loan him to the championship if at all but better if we sell him.

Really need another right back.

top 4 is way out of the question atm, not enough depth up front or midfield for us and baby hart still in goal. Top 7 should be the aim

We would need around 20 wins for top 4 and even that may not be enough.

If we win the next 3 games we'll have 4 wins and 34 games to get another 16.

Cant see it myself without a RB + CB (as ive been saying since we supposedly had Gabriel wrapped up).

With those 2 positions filled and a lot of luck with injuries we may have a chance.

I'd love to see us putting a bid in for Edouard at Celtic. It may only be the Scottish league but the lad knows where the goal is.
If we can offload Kean back to Juventus and bring in Edouard for a similar price it would be a huge upgrade and give us something different up front.

Have there been any credible links at all this summer or is he going to Villa or Arsenal?

You mean those 2 who have serious, career threatening injuries, that’s your evidence. So basically you’re upset because there’s 2/3 people who pick up knocks

good grief

Again you're highlighting the serious injuries and ignoring alot of the other smaller injuries/knocks these players take.

I do BJJ competitions and have blokes trying to rip my ankle off and you have much "fitter" players of ours injured for months playing football tennis in training.

That says it all.

Demarai Gray apparently up for sale now, and only has a year left on his deal. Would be worth considering I think, would fit into our system far more than he does theirs and would be a considerable upgrade on Iwobi / Bolasie / Walcott etc

Demarai Gray apparently up for sale now, and only has a year left on his deal. Would be worth considering I think, would fit into our system far more than he does theirs and would be a considerable upgrade on Iwobi / Bolasie / Walcott etc

I liked Grey, but I'm not sure he does improve us much more than the above 3. He looks a continuation of them, albeit a cheaper one.

Status
Not open for further replies.