Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell you what, people thinking we can challenge top 4 with a couple more signings are bonkers. We’re still miles off.
I also don’t think that’s the thinking from within the club either. Incremental but obvious improvement from Everton this season could see a top 6 finish given uncertainty at a few clubs who finished in that territory last season.

If top 4 falls into your lap due to a strange season then grab it, but it’s quite a step up right now.

I also don’t think that’s the thinking from within the club either. Incremental but obvious improvement from Everton this season could see a top 6 finish given uncertainty at a few clubs who finished in that territory last season.

If top 4 falls into your lap due to a strange season then grab it, but it’s quite a step up right now.

Yep I think 6th is achievable. I’m buzzing with the signings we made and the performance at Spurs was great but we still have a crap keeper, crap right-back and very limited sub options. Two defenders out already for a lengthy period & a very tight schedule due to COVID.

Still think we’re another summer window off a top 4 push.

Goalkeepers: Alisson (Liverpool), Santos (Athletico) and Weverton (Palmeiras)

Defenders: Danilo (Juventus), Gabriel Menino (Palmeiras), Alex Telles (Porto), Felipe (Atlético Madrid), Renan Lodi (Atlético Madrid), Marquinhos (Paris Saint-Germain), Thiago Silva (Chelsea), Rodrigo Caio (Flamengo)

Midfielders: Casemiro (Real Madrid), Fabinho (Liverpool), Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona), Bruno Guimarães (Lyon), Douglas Luiz (Aston Villa), Everton Ribeiro (Flamengo)

Forwards: Roberto Firmino (Liverpool), Gabriel Jesus (Manchester City), Richarlison (Everton) Rodrygo (Real Madrid), Everton (Benfica), Neymar (Paris Saint-Germain)

Gabriel + Ederson + Emerson + Militao + Vinicius + Sandro omitted which seems strange.

Hes gone with Rodrigo Caio at CB who has only ever played in Brazil + Felipe from Atletico whose 31 + Gabriel Menino a 19 year old CB/RB in defence.

Find it quite strange not to have Gabriel + Emerson there. Will be interesting to see Menino if he gets on the pitch.

Bruno Guimaraes is also good value and in France.

How come Allan is not in?

Yep I think 6th is achievable. I’m buzzing with the signings we made and the performance at Spurs was great but we still have a crap keeper, crap right-back and very limited sub options. Two defenders out already for a lengthy period & a very tight schedule due to COVID.

I think we could get top 4, it’s unlikely but possible, Leicester nearly had it last year and they only have 1 striker

Milan linked to Ajer of Celtic for £15m. Would be a smart deal for us since he can cover CB and CDM. Think we need to be making more signings for players that can play multiple positions as it’s a real weakness of ours.
I saw comments from Celtic fans after their recent euro defeat that he was awful and they would be delighted for someone to come in and take him.

I think its really difficult to get into I think L'pool, City and Chelsea are the deffo's this year with Utd and Arsenal fighting for the 4th spot. Although its only 1 match and still a couple of weeks of the window left. I expect a top 8 this season. Hopefully with a cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.