Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think we’ll see anything happen until we clear out some deadwood. Sunday proved we can go toe to toe with anyone now with our starting eleven so no need to panic. I reckon we’ll be waiting until the final few days of the window to see what’s out there for a good price.
Zaha at 25ish is a yes from me, Zaha right now at 40 is a no etc.

I wouldn't underestimate Spurs. Sure they appear to be a somewhat of a downward trajectory but they still have a very decent squad and will add to it.

I would very much take what they have be able to do there over the last few years. The problem for them might be a developing lack of discipline with transfer policy, when you deal with poor decisions by making more poor decisions as we know to our own cost, and Mourinho and patience don't go well together.

In many ways the acid test for them would be their reaction if Mourinho fails, and what road they go down afterwards. To a certain degree at present they have built in a layer of sustainability as a club due to their permanence in the top six, but still only two bad decisions away from that falling under threat.
Spurs at their best is when Kane/Son and Ali are all firing but Mourinho doing that thing he does where he picks on a player and for some reason he picking on Ali, which is ruining the rest of Spurs attack

I don’t think we’ll see anything happen until we clear out some deadwood. Sunday proved we can go toe to toe with anyone now with our starting eleven so no need to panic.

I wish people would stop assuming this, it was one great performance against a god awful seemingly unmotivated spurs side.

lets wait a few more games before proclaiming we can go toe to toe with anyone...

I think you could argue a case for both, Bailey is younger at 23,has a better goals to games ratio, but has no premier league experience. Zaha can play multiple positions LW, RW, up front and gives more options than Bailey
As we have seen from Carlo already he will be buying oven ready players
I would say he has a short time frame in mind
Club probably afraid of losing Ricarlison ,Digne, Holgate etc
Plus Moshiri is not a patient man
So given a choice carlo would probably go for Zaha ,not that I am sure he wants either

Status
Not open for further replies.