Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a couple of models that we can follow as far as I can see. The Liverpool model where they largely play the same team week after week, month after month and never get injuries... so we know that won't work for us.

The other is the Man City model where you carry a squad of players and maybe not have a first eleven but rotate players to keep the competition up and keep the players fresh.

There was no way I could see us signing Allan, Dououre and JR when the last season eventually finished.
One would have been good, two a big stretch and no way for all three.
Therefore, I have learned my lesson and realised that we have no clue what players we still want or what is left in the kitty. We do know however, promises were made to CA and seem to have been delivered on.

My own sneaking suspicion goes back to Lozano, a player signed and managed by CA already. A right sided midfielder and at a good age.

Looking at the performance yesterday I think that a number of players and their agents will be considering their positions now if they want to play.
Exactly Carlo was enticed here by Usmanov By telling him he would have Siggy delph davies and Walcott in his first 11
He was promised money to spend and spend it he will
3 more ins
Cover at CB and 2 more first 11 players

Unless a good loan comes along I could see King Carlo keeping his powder dry. Marcel should be focused on the outs for the next few weeks surely. Its hard to see where we would buy a player who would go into our 'starting line-up' right now and otherwise, spending big money on squad cover seems crazy given how big a squad we have.... In the words of the late, great, Roy Orbison, its "Only the Loanee"

The same people who slated us signing Doucoure and were calling him a yard dog will have been knocking one out too his performance yesterday.

The same will happen if we get Zaha over the line - top player who has el magico in his boots but doesn't get rated as he plays for Crystal Palace and not Hertha Berlin.

My problem with Donkeree was that he would have cost 40m, but big Marcel got him for a song.

After our links last year I watched him a few times last season and he was really, really bad.

But most Watford fans I spoke to said he was terrible last year, but other than that he's been an outstanding player for them and will be just what we need.

I don't see Palace letting Zaha go cheaply and as of yet we haven't been linked for that very reason.

So its not that I dont want Zaha, I just dont think he's achievable from a financial POV.

He was also terrible last year, which is why I say that once a player asks to leave, you really need to let that player leave otherwise you get the players dialling it in for 12months till they get their wish.

Most people would be happy to see us picking up Zaha, but you are the only person on the whole internet linking him to us.

The same people who slated us signing Doucoure and were calling him a yard dog will have been knocking one out too his performance yesterday.

The same will happen if we get Zaha over the line - top player who has el magico in his boots but doesn't get rated as he plays for Crystal Palace and not Hertha Berlin.

I wanted Doucoure, even at 35m
I don’t want Zaha, even at 35m

it’s got zero to do with the team he plays for (palace are obviously a better team than Watford), but more his salary demands and how effective he will be in a team where he is Not the focal point & will be required to track back and be a functioning part of the defensive side of the team too.

Status
Not open for further replies.