Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
But you ain't buying Zaha to stick him on the bench.

If you look at yesterdays team, whos place does he take?

He covers James on the right, or allows us to play James in the three man midfield. He'd get a lot of game time. That wouldn't be the problem for me because Gomes & James will not start every game. The problem with Zaha is firstly I'm not convinced we can afford him, and secondly that we actually want him.

I want another attacking option though. It's a squad game and I want to compete in 3 competitions, not just the PL.

Every champion winning team needs a squad full of good players. Don't think of it whose place does he takes but what team we're playing and the system Ancelloti wants to employ for that specific game. That's what every successful team needs. Plus we can't play same 11 over 38 games.

You could put him on the right and move James to the middle. Equally you could move Richie in the middle and put Zaha to the left? The best teams have options which we currently don't.
i Suppose Zaha on the right and James instead of Gomes?
Probably won’t be popular, but realistically Doms with Rich moving central. Otherwise Gomes with James playing the 10 role. Let’s also be realistic that we’re still going to have some injury problems and need to rotate.
If you wanted to switch it to 442, you could put him up front with DCL or put him wide with Richie up top.
I still think Richarlison is a striker but he was quite good out wide yesterday and I don't think it is too much to say he's better than Zaha
He would take Gomes's place. That doesn't mean it's happening though.

I knew Gomes would get a mention.

I think DCL is a great tool and he won us the game yesterday, I wont have any talk of dropping him.

I agree we need options and depth, Zaha is a very dangerous player, but sadly I think he's out of reach from a financial POV, but we shall see.

Rico is defo better than Zaha, no matter where he plays.

He covers James on the right, or allows us to play James in the three man midfield. He'd get a lot of game time. That wouldn't be the problem for me because Gomes & James will not start every game. The problem with Zaha is firstly I'm not convinced we can afford him, and secondly that we actually want him.

I want another attacking option though. It's a squad game and I want to compete in 3 competitions, not just the PL.

And thirdly he's not all that great.

I knew Gomes would get a mention.

I think DCL is a great tool and he won us the game yesterday, I wont have any talk of dropping him.

I agree we need options and depth, Zaha is a very dangerous player, but sadly I think he's out of reach from a financial POV, but we shall see.

Rico is defo better than Zaha, no matter where he plays.

Who do you think Zaha replaces if he came in?

And thirdly he's not all that great.

THIS.

We're talking about dropping our top goalscorer and shuffling around players that looked good yesterday, to accommodate a sulk who will stifle our movement by running down blind alleys every time he gets the ball.

Carlo turned Pickers into a world beater over the short summer break; I'd rather take the gamble he can make Walcott and Iwobi fit for purpose, at least until the next window, and focus on recruiting in defence.

Who do you think Zaha replaces if he came in?

I don't think he comes in.

But I suppose Gomes is the obvious choice to miss out.

Do we then switch back to 442?

Carlo wont be stuck in the mud regarding formation at all, he's shown in his few months here already that he will pick whatever formation and team he thinks will work. None of this same 11, same formation every week wondering why it doesn't work.

Depth is a major issue for us currently, Hamez is an actual word class player, but his injury record sadly isn't amazing.

Zat you are saying Walcott, Iwobi, Bernard in one go. Who is the backup for James and alternative option on the wing? If you are saying one of the three then that will be realistic.

In the first team squad we still need to sell Delph, Sandro, Besic, Bolasie, Baningime etc.

Id bin them all.

Not sure what you mean? If we sell them why would we need to sign a backup for james?

Saw on twitter a suggestion we buy Sarr instead of Zaha and move James inside instead of Gomes which is a solution I far prefer to any that involves signing Zaha

Id definitely prefer Sarr to Zaha. Still prefer a RB though.

We need to be able to mix it up in games though

Dont see why we couldnt...we were 433 yesterday, we could play that, 442 or a diamond...even a 5 across midfield

May be James were Gomes played and Zaha giving width, we need to be able to mix it and keep the likes of Iwobi, Wallcott and Giffi away from that team, its about giving us quality options to move players around and being able to change things up from time to time, we cant expect the 4 who started to start every game but what we have in replacements isn't the answer

Status
Not open for further replies.