Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think there’s a chance Kean goes. Especially only on loan to Juve, makes no sense whatsoever. He’s gonna get more minutes there behind Ronaldo and Dybala than here behind Dom and Richy? If he’s good enough to rotate for them then logically speaking why wouldn’t we use him ourselves. I think there’s truth he’s wanted but can’t see it happening.

Think we’ll be looking for a winger and CB on loan and that’ll do us, Carlo seemed to praise Kenny today in the press conference, unless there’s a good offer I can’t see him leaving at this point.

Realistically Chelsea probably want to wait until Silva starts training to let Tomori leave so we might be waiting on him if we don’t have others lined up. As for a winger I think it’ll probably end up close to the end of the window, especially if it’s an ambitious move.

Can definitely see us trying to buy Lozano before it closes or maybe even going back in for Zaha, can’t see us going near Bale as I believe he and Carlo didn’t get on and I’d wonder what his head is like as well as fitness. Hypothetically though if we were to get him and somehow keep him fit it’d be unbelievable.

Aside from that we really need to get a move on with shifting players out now in the coming weeks. There’s a good 5 or 6 that can go straight away and probably another 5 on top of that we’d like to get rid of if the right money came in.

Dunno if it's been mentioned, but just been listening to the All Together podcast and Alan Myers was asked about what he thought we would get as far as further incomings are concerned

He said:

A left back on loan
A centre back on loan
A right back from "not too far away from here", which I took to mean Dalot
And a winger who would be a "cherry on the cake" and a present from the owner

Usually a bit more evasive than that
LB? Haven't we already got digne and the young french lad?

I don’t think there’s a chance Kean goes. Especially only on loan to Juve, makes no sense whatsoever. He’s gonna get more minutes there behind Ronaldo and Dybala than here behind Dom and Richy? If he’s good enough to rotate for them then logically speaking why wouldn’t we use him ourselves. I think there’s truth he’s wanted but can’t see it happening.

Think we’ll be looking for a winger and CB on loan and that’ll do us, Carlo seemed to praise Kenny today in the press conference, unless there’s a good offer I can’t see him leaving at this point.

Realistically Chelsea probably want to wait until Silva starts training to let Tomori leave so we might be waiting on him if we don’t have others lined up. As for a winger I think it’ll probably end up close to the end of the window, especially if it’s an ambitious move.

Can definitely see us trying to buy Lozano before it closes or maybe even going back in for Zaha, can’t see us going near Bale as I believe he and Carlo didn’t get on and I’d wonder what his head is like as well as fitness. Hypothetically though if we were to get him and somehow keep him fit it’d be unbelievable.

Aside from that we really need to get a move on with shifting players out now in the coming weeks. There’s a good 5 or 6 that can go straight away and probably another 5 on top of that we’d like to get rid of if the right money came in.
Not a chance kean leaves. I think he will be sorted in this lineup soon. Has too much talent and now has decent humans passing him the ball. Would love Lozano and Arias on loan

Even then I'm not sure, mate. As a lot have said on here, he certainly gives the impression he's not too bothered about playing footy, and we've seen enough of that type of player in our colours in recent years!

He loves playing for Wales... and he’s been committed and consistent at every club he’s played for up until zidane arrived at real. If he’s not interested then he won’t move will he? He will stay there and get paid to live in a nice sunny country . If he ever did sign for us then surely that would suggest he does actually want to play wouldn’t it?

All of that is true.

In the short term Moshiri wants us into Europe. It then becomes easier to attract younger players.
When you actually logic it out we have a spine of almost sub 20 years old here already. What we really needed was expierence.

Centre half: Branthwaite
Full Back: Neils
Center midfield: Onyango * Davies - runs.
Am: Gordon
CF: Moise.

We have a good few seeds here at them moment, to actually balance the side we needed more players with experience, leadership and pedigree.
Two of them have never played a first team game, it’s a bit disingenuous to count them as the spine of the team really. We’ve got tons of experience, absolutely loads of it. I have no problem with what we’re doing at the moment but I don’t agree at all with this idea that we have a really young squad that needed a couple of old heads. Davies is the only player under 23 who played more than half a dozen games last year.
I was speaking less about starting games at the moment but about youth recruitment mate, all of the above i would see as significant prospects in the next 2-3 years. Those players are seeds at the moment really. There is also a subgroup ahead of it of 23/24 year olds, Richarlison, Gbamin, DCL, Iwobi, Holgate etc.
I just think it’s impossible to comment on those things with any insight. It’s very difficult to say whether there’s anything remarkable about that group of youngsters, a couple of years ago we’d have people saying the same about lookman and vlasic etc, before that Dowell, Walsh, Ledson, Baningime, Galloway, Garbutt etc etc were all supposed to be coming through. None of them did.
But surely its all subjective mate. Young players, transfers in. They could all fail, the transfers this week could prove rubbish. That just the simple balance of probability.

Im not sure we should stop trying to pick the best youngsters, have a tethered age recruitment hierarchy or be hopeful in that, nor should we not back our judgement on players, I’m utterly convinced all bar Tyler will make it, you mentioned we would be lucky to get half a dozen games from them, they’ve almost all given that all ready in their careers. If I’m honest I only ever thought Dowell would make it and I think we should of held onto Lookman myself. Off the players you mention who didn’t come through you don’t mention the ones that did, Davies, Kenny, DCL and Holgate - that’s a wonderful return from our academy - via a bit of youth recruitment. The lads I mentioned are now where these lads were three years ago.

My view is that we have a group of;

22-25
Mjna (25)
Iwobi (24)
Richarlison (23)
Holgate (23)
DCL (23)
Kenny (23)
Davies (22)

These players are all currently featuring in the squad.

Underneath this we then have;

U21
Kean (20)
Gibson (20)
Nkounkou (19)
Gordon (19)
Branthwaite (18)

For me, in an ideal world we first look at the total squad as being 22 years old and above. Lets say we have 23 players in the squad.

We then ideally have 11 players u21 with high potential. Those players then immediately or gradually replace any of the older squad players (Who are then sold). For example, Kean is already in the squad while Gibson and Branthwaite may be gradually introduced.

That way we then have:
2 over 21 keepers
10 over 21 outfield players
1 under 21 keeper
10 under 21 outfield players

That imo is the ideal makeup of the first team squad so we have a conveyor belt of u21s competing and pushing for a starting place.

On the list above we have Kean/Gibson/Nkounkou/Gordon/Branthwaite. Thats 5 u21 players who are either in or close to the squad.

Once they are deemed good enough to replace the 2nd choice player in the squad then they step up and the 2nd choice is sold. If they arent good enough then they themselves are loaned or sold.

This way you are at the point where you have a starting 11 who know they need to be at their best as there are u21s behind them hungry to take their place.

My view is that we have a group of;

22-25
Mjna (25)
Iwobi (24)
Richarlison (23)
Holgate (23)
DCL (23)
Kenny (23)
Davies (22)

These players are all currently featuring in the squad.

Underneath this we then have;

U21
Kean (20)
Gibson (20)
Nkounkou (19)
Gordon (19)
Branthwaite (18)

For me, in an ideal world we first look at the total squad as being 22 years old and above. Lets say we have 23 players in the squad.

We then ideally have 11 players u21 with high potential. Those players then immediately or gradually replace any of the older squad players (Who are then sold). For example, Kean is already in the squad while Gibson and Branthwaite may be gradually introduced.

That way we then have:
2 over 21 keepers
10 over 21 outfield players
1 under 21 keeper
10 under 21 outfield players

That imo is the ideal makeup of the first team squad so we have a conveyor belt of u21s competing and pushing for a starting place.

On the list above we have Kean/Gibson/Nkounkou/Gordon/Branthwaite. Thats 5 u21 players who are either in or close to the squad.

Once they are deemed good enough to replace the 2nd choice player in the squad then they step up and the 2nd choice is sold. If they arent good enough then they themselves are loaned or sold.

This way you are at the point where you have a starting 11 who know they need to be at their best as there are u21s behind them hungry to take their place.

10 Under 21 players is madness.

As you say we have 5 currently and that's probably the limit, cos IMO there's a 50% chance that 80% of them wont be good enough.

This window we have clearly gone for some ready-cooked players, but we have plenty of players in and around the squad with potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.