Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting a top slotter transforms this squad. Means the difference between Europe and also ran. DCL seems a good bloke but I don’t have confidence in him. Potential yes but would love to see a 20-25 goal scorer in there.

true, but a boss slotter transforms every squad. They’re not easy to come by. We’ll have to bank on DCL firing this season cause he’s what we got.

If only life was as simple as that.

DCL may only score 8 goals and we are 7 down automatically

Kean may not improve or turn up late for training and Carlo boots him out in January.

Quite frankly as much as I love a gamble - I hope the club ain't seriously considering improving the midfield massively and gamble on DCL replicating his purple patch and Kean improving on his meaty 2 goal return.

We have Carlo
We have James

Stop accepting / going what we've got and go big for europe / champions league whilst we have this limited window of opportunity.

A top CF alongside Richarlison would completely change our team and frighten the life out of the opposition.

When was the last time you watched Everton KNOWING one of our strikers was near enough guaranteed to score most weeks?

When did you seriously anticipate us putting 3-4 past a team?

Not since Lukaku left sadly 4 years ago!

A new midfield suddenly doesn't make us ruthless it just means less teams can bully us and we may have a few more chances at goal - few more chances means nothing if our strikers aint making the right runs or hitting their chances straight down the keepers throat.

Getting a top slotter transforms this squad. Means the difference between Europe and also ran. DCL seems a good bloke but I don’t have confidence in him. Potential yes but would love to see a 20-25 goal scorer in there.

The same goes for any striker. Vardy may only get 7, aubemeyang may only get 7. Thats a ridiculous arguement.

Name a 20 go a season striker we could get? And before you suggest anyone not in the Premier league, how can you be certain they get 20 in the Premier league? Like, only 3/4 players a season score 20+ and they are nearly always from the top 6 clubs and are generally the same players each year (vardy, kane, aubameyang, aguero etc, with the odd other like ings last season). None of them who have proven they could do it would come here.

As a reminder the one time Rom scored 20 goals in the league we still finished 7th. It isn't as much of a bridge up the table as people seem to think.

Also Aubameyang won the golden boot for a mid table side last season. Ings was great for Saints and they were also average on the whole. We've done the right thing this summer.

Rom played in a gash side managed by gash managers.

Completely wrong example to use

Kean may not improve or turn up late for training and Carlo boots him out in January.

Quite frankly as much as I love a gamble - I hope the club ain't seriously considering improving the midfield massively and gamble on DCL replicating his purple patch and Kean improving on his meaty 2 goal return.

We have Carlo
We have James

Stop accepting / going what we've got and go big for europe / champions league whilst we have this limited window of opportunity.

A top CF alongside Richarlison would completely change our team and frighten the life out of the opposition.

When was the last time you watched Everton KNOWING one of our strikers was near enough guaranteed to score most weeks?

A new midfield suddenly doesn't make us ruthless it just means less teams can bully us and we may have a few more chances at goal - few more chances means nothing if our strikers aint making the right runs or hitting their chances straight down the keepers throat.
A new vastly improved midfield means we control games more, be more solid defensively, concede less and create more.
last season Rich/DCL fed of scraps. We need new wingers and a RB, no point spending 40-200 million on a striker if your right back can’t cross to save his life

We have Carlo
We have James

Regarding KNOWING a striker was going to score most weeks. That wouldn't be Lukaku as you could virtually guarantee when he wouldn't score. He was more of a flat track bully who would score in batches against poor teams. The real answer is Bob Latchford , sadly !

Status
Not open for further replies.