Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zaha is someone I'd take for a very discount price assuming he's not demanding about 100k a week, People say "well he'll better than x and x currently" yeah a lot of players would be improvements in this pish team it's not a high bar set sadly.

Better value out there than him.

But thats not good enough apparently. The amount of shouts saying we need a 20 goal a season striker is ridiculous. If people actually look at the 20+ goal strikers, there's like 3 or 4 a year, and they are specific players (vardy, kane) where the club has stuck with them and that they came good, or they play for City and Liverpool.

Clubs don't just go out and buy 20 goal strikers because there really aren't many about, you have to stick with them while they come good.

Yeah if DCL gets 15 and the likes of Richarlison and James chip in then that's a solid return

Interesting take. I rated Bolasie before his injury. If we had that player again I'd have no problem with it. Richarlison and DCL would bag tonnes with his crossing.

Can't see it though, he was supposed to be a bit rubbish last season wasn't he?

I still think he wasn't right either physically or mentally

He seems to have his head right now so it's more a question of him maintaining fitness

If I'm wrong then I'm wrong, but I just have a hunch that he'll play his socks of with every opportunity he gets

The proverbial "like a new signing" situation perhaps?

Couldn’t disagree more. Along with midfield one of the weakest areas of the team last season.
I agree it was a weak point last season, though I don’t think it was helped by a poor midfield and no support in front on the wing. With an improved midfield that can cover when making forward runs, we’ll see an improvement in our full back positions for sure. So I’ll add to my list before of (CB and GK) a decent RW to make this transfer window a success.

I assume that Sky will be happy that Everton played the game this time by keeping the suspense going with our targets, and will not have the likes of Paul Merson claiming we've 'ruined the market' again :D

I still think he wasn't right either physically or mentally

He seems to have his head right now so it's more a question of him maintaining fitness

If I'm wrong then I'm wrong, but I just have a hunch that he'll play his socks of with every opportunity he gets

The proverbial "like a new signing" situation perhaps?
Final 12 months and actually playing for a good manager I’d imagine he’s either playing for a new contract or to impress. I think he may be a useful squad player this year, but probably need to reassess by new year!

Status
Not open for further replies.