Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had a decent run in the team under Lampard and then wasn't seen again.
Don't think he was injured , any idea how he blotted his copybook ?

...no idea, he is raw but I actually think he has more potential than Zouma. He’s incredibly fast and I think he was Derby’s player of the year when they just missed out on promotion.

If the reports are true that Brands tried to get him on loan previously, he might still be on our radar and I’d prefer him to Todibo.

Our stock is low cos of some tenuous click bait link?
No mate, that would be silly now wouldn't it, because we finished 12th and no Europe and haven't won a jot in years. Or are you saying other than giving huge wages we are an attractive proposition for players who want to win things or play in Europe?

Worried about the lack of solid links to both flanks, our wingers are dreadful. Up there with worst in the league. In fact I’d take wide players from all 3 relegated clubs over our dross.

No mate, that would be silly now wouldn't it, because we finished 12th and no Europe and haven't won a jot in years. Or are you saying other than giving huge wages we are an attractive proposition for players who want to win things or play in Europe?
Terrapin, you said our stock must be low cos we didn’t even get a mention in the Gabrielle link. It’s just column inches mate, it really doesn’t mean our stock is actually low.
Weird

We are missing two things in our starting XI.

Pace & aggression.

Address that & all of a sudden we will compete.
Pace and aggression in the midfield. Far too often, we were either tepid in the middle or simply had to bypass it/them with long balls over the top.

You would hope DCL and Richarlison would get much more support and freedom up front, while the defence could be confident of not being exposed regularly.

That's why central midfielders and a winger are so vital for us to push on, and they could be the catalyst to actually see us playing well.

Expect us to be linked to a few Juventus players in the coming days, their director is in England talking to a few clubs, I expect we’ll be a club he wants to talk to

plus creativity........and a goalie
I think @Manx Blue is correct.
We have been very timid in midfield and throughout the team generally.
I do think that apart from central midfield we have a good deal of pace in the team, but we are slow and ponderous in how we play and move the ball.
Liverpool do not have a creative midfield and they manage quite well. I do believe a new midfield will transform the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.