Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we could get £10-15m for Gylfi - he’d be ideal for a lower team. Delph we could probably recoup most of the £8m we spent, and Davies I have no idea.

If Bournemouth were still up they’d probably give us £25m for Davies.

In the 4-4-2 it’s the only role he can really play in. If we’re sticking with it we’d be making a mistake keeping him around.

If we switch to having someone behind a single striker again, he’s still a decent option and would do well with Doucoure and Allan behind him.

I think it will be one of Sigurdson and Davies who leave, hopefully Sigurdson but I suspect Davies.

Delph is probably on too high wages to shift, and will be cover at left back for Digne now Baines has retired.

If we actually bring in BOTH Allan and Doucoure, we’re massively bloated in centre mid if we stick with 4-4-2.

Allan
Doucoure
Gomes
Davies
Delph
Gbamin (you’d forgive the club forgetting him as an option until he’s fit again to be fair. If he ever finds fitness I’m convinced there’s a player there.
Gylfi

For two positions. Someone will have to be off.
Bring those 2 in then we will release a number of players either on loan or sold. They massively improve our team so other players will click into place, look at man utd with Fernandes. It should afford us to start moulding the squad for the next summer window, this will be a slow process but our expectations are fairly low atm so getting the midfield and goalkeeper positions are vital for now. Personally I quite like tosun up top just don't think we have played to his strengths yet but then it is all about opinions

Could someone please remind how much “sell on” value we got from Neville Southall?

It’s football, not Monopoly
I think you're misunderstanding the concept of sell on value. It's not about how much you eventually make from their sale, it's about them retaining their value as an asset. It's odd that people talk about how Brands' hands are tied because of all the deadwood, and then scoff at the idea of resale value. Why do you think we can't get rid of the deadwood? Because they have no resale value.

Status
Not open for further replies.