Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m pretty sure we have money mate but that graph is the reason we can’t spend it at the minute. All the other clubs are winning trophies and playing in the champions league so they can sustain that amount of spend, 12th place Everton with no trophies or Europe can’t. It’s a shame we can’t give Ancelotti the backing Koeman got.

I’m thinking we will mate ;)

According to Alan Brazil on this mornings Talksport, he said he had heard a couple of weeks ago that Everton had on money to spend this season. (I know, don't shoot the messenger)

I just don’t agree with having these players (Besic etc) play would turn the fortune of the club. If they are so good they won’t be going out on loan after loan and no one want to pay proper fees to buy them.

No I agree I don't think dowell or besic are the answer and can see why both will go, but I'd still would have rather have seen dowell last season over siggy, then again I'd rather have seen anyone play over siggy tbh

According to Alan Brazil on this mornings Talksport, he said he had heard a couple of weeks ago that Everton had on money to spend this season. (I know, don't shoot the messenger)
Why would anyone from Everton FC tell Alan Brazil the financial situation? media guesswork, can't stand us "trying" to be competitive, I say trying because we are not doing very well at it lol

I'm not saying that's the mentality I agree with or want to see. I want players signed in pre-season, ideally right at the start of it or now.

But there's loads of factors in play that may mean that's not possible for the targets we have. Some of that may be the club's doing. Some of it won't be.

In the case of the targets we know of:

1. Hojbjerg - we wanted him, but he said no. Dropped our interest.
2. Gabriel - had a deal agreed in principle, due to COVID and likely due to realising we had bigger priorities than CB once footy restarted/Gbamin got another injury, we have tried to renegotiate. We'll have to see what happens.
3. Allan - only mentioned in Italian media, but a lot of links. His season has just finished.

In the case of the latter two, if they were to come in, then Gabriel has been training, but not playing, non-stop since the end of June/start of July. He'll be fit, just not match sharp, but again that won't make any difference because the rest of our squad are the same. So whether he comes in now, or in two weeks' time, there's very little difference.

Allan - he won't be in until September regardless even if he signs tomorrow. You'd think he'd have 2-3 weeks off like the rest of them.
I wasn't intentionally trying single out you on this just that I see that stance from so many people who act like the first 8 matches don't count or something. It's infuriating to me. I get Allen would be in late but he hasn't really featured that might so shouldn't need a huge break after 3 months of not playing to begin with. But there my bone to pick with everyone being blasê about transfers not getting done early.

Why would anyone from Everton FC tell Alan Brazil the financial situation? media guesswork, can't stand us "trying" to be competitive, I say trying because we are not doing very well at it lol

You would think so, but it wouldn't be a huge leap considering his colleague Jim White seems to be Moshiri's go-to media man. I'd think there is quite a tight ship at the club, but people talk off the record, and it gets passed round.

Some glowing comments from Norwich's manager on Dowell. He sees him as a No10 and I think that could be his position.

We should have retained him and saved some cash. You dnt throw talent like that away. I'm very very pissed off with Ancelotti / Brands they saw fit to release him.
Thank God they won’t be visiting GP next season then, as Dowell would no doubt have scored a 30-yard worldie

You would think so, but it wouldn't be a huge leap considering his colleague Jim White seems to be Moshiri's go-to media man. I'd think there is quite a tight ship at the club, but people talk off the record, and it gets passed round.
Didn't Moshiri bomb Jim White after the fans weren't happy and White reported something he wasn't supposed to?

Status
Not open for further replies.