Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
For sure. With Bale in particular I do find it very difficult to understand his "nobody loves me so I am downing tools" when he's on £600k at arguably the best club in the world. Always strikes me as a singularly odd and very badly advised individual - albeit that advice has earned him £2.4m in wages alone every month for five years. Part of me thinks he's actually finished, but he's hoping it will be perceived by his next club as "just needing a fresh start".

It's more the fact the fans have never liked him. Despite him scoring 80 goals in 171 games including 2 (I think) champions league finals. The ming boggles......

What does my head in is not too long ago there wasn't much between us, now it's a no-brainer for a player.

When was the last time a player had the choice of Everton or Spurs and chose Everton? Its probably the 80's. Even when we were near them in the league, over the last 20 years, Spurs had more money than us. We can now match them with the wages but we still have a way to go.

How is he available on a free transfer? Didn’t he only sign for them last year?

They signed him for free, He's on £400k a week, so I guess the only way they think they can get rid is to offer him for free. He is basically on £20m per year, If we signed him on a 3 year deal we would be paying him £60m over the terms. The way you could think of it is paying £40m in transfer fee and then £130k a week for 3 years.

I can't see us going for it, he is the last thing we need, he is brittle and not a ball winner

Jonathan David to Lille. That was fast.

Now for the Everton news:

200.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.