Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure he’s being held back, I just don’t think he’s that good if I’m honest. I’d rather someone better and without the English premium
Fair point, he had bags of potential coming through and was seen as being able to play attack&defense well.. he's young enough that if we picked him up for £15m we would struggle to lose money on him unless he was really turd.

Think we should be all over Sarr at Watford, loan with an obligation to buy seems to be the deal Palace are looking to tie up.
Would make perfect sense, we get a good young RW and don't have to pay until next season when a lot of our dossers are out of contract.
Have a feeling itll not only be us and Palace after him.. and them lot dont like us at the best of times!

I have been supporting Everton since the late 60's. I can remember far worse times than when Kenwright was in charge including immediately before he took charge.

The problem Bill Kenwright had was that he was a millionaire when what you needed was a billionaire.
We now have a billionaire (Moshiri) but what we really need is a multi billionaire(Usmanov).
The problem was that once he got the keys, he didn't want to let go.

He would have sooner seen Everton wither away on a retail park in Kirkby than relinquish control to someone who could have facilitated Kings Dock, which is why the club's entire identity has been reshaped in his image.

Fair point, he had bags of potential coming through and was seen as being able to play attack&defense well.. he's young enough that if we picked him up for £15m we would struggle to lose money on him unless he was really turd.
I just remember so much hype around him when Fulham came up and then him being absolutely turd (along with the whole team I will admit). Did hit the bar against us to miss an absolute sitter I seem to remember

The problem was he changed the mentality of this club for the worse, some will argue it was Moyes but our chairman never questioned it or rocked the boat as it kept fans off his back.
Moyes was delighted to trouser £10m p.a. and pick up Manager of the Year awards for finishing 8th.

Moshiri should have been the fresh start that Everton desperately needed after a decade of austerity, but the same old characters are still to be found at every level of the club.

Where would he play?

Doubt he will be eager to trade Spurs bench for ours.

This.

So far as I am aware he was a bit of a budget Bale in that he was LB, but didn't defend too well, so they pushed him up to LW and, to be fair to the lad, he was quite productive albeit in the Champo.

He's not going to get in at LB for us and if we switch up to a 4-3-3/4-5-1 when we get the personnel then I think Richy will be starting LW so no chance there, either.

The only potential argument is if we mirror the right-footed left-winger setup on the other side and start him RW. That puts a lot of pressure on our full-backs, though.

Links with Jhon Cordoba yesterday, a Colombian striker from FC Koln, valued at around 10 million euros, Leeds and West Brom also linked, Wolves were apparently interested earlier in the window. If we sell Tosun, I could see us buying another CF as I think we need 4 strikers when playing 442.

I would imagine if he came to us he would be 4th choice where as Leeds and West Brom he would be first or second choice. Tosun has been linked with West Brom today for a similar price £10m

With the way he spells his first name I don't want him anywhere near us.

The problem was that once he got the keys, he didn't want to let go.

He would have sooner seen Everton wither away on a retail park in Kirkby than relinquish control to someone who could have facilitated Kings Dock, which is why the club's entire identity has been reshaped in his image.
I am not convinced there was a queue of buyers waiting to buy into Everton, then or now.
My understanding is that Kenwright is friendly with David Dein and it was through this connection that contact was made with Moshiri who either was talked into buying Everton or saw the potential of Everton and Liverpool in general.

Second striker in, Richarlison to the left with Gordon to spell. Two new midfielders. I can think of worse windows.
We already have two strikers in DCL and Keane with Richarlison as a third. Walcott has played in that position for Arsenal as well.

If we are going to keep Kean then we should use him a lot more than last season. Buying another striker when we have bigger problems elsewhere may not be the way to go.

Arron Ramsey,
Imminent.
I doubt Ramsey would be in the least interested in coming to Everton, but, if he was then a loan deal might not be the worst idea... depending on loan fee and how the wages are paid.

Certainly a talented player who knows the league well, I would guess a loan may help with FFP and if it were affordable then it might allow us to recruit a younger talent and allow them time to settle rather than be expected to start in the first team immediately.

I would imagine it depends on Ramsey wanting to leave Italy and returning to England
on how badly Juve want him gone,if at all.
how much Juve would want as a loan fee and how much wages they would expect Everton to cover.
What kind of offers Ramsey has elsewhere and would he even consider Everton even if it were affordable?

Status
Not open for further replies.