Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it's impossible to keep most transfer dealings secret. I reckon th players agents leak details to try and get other teams interested. The higher the fee the more money for the agents

100% this happens. If the shoe was on the other foot and we were trying to ramp up interest in one of our players through leaks/agents to see us pocket more we’d be made up.

Disappointed really we haven't had a midfielder lined up. We can make excuses all day but the issue has been glaring for months... Hojbjerg clearly wasn't interested. Allan can be signed regardless as he wasnt getting a sniff of the first team in Napoli's european games. Other leagues have finished. We need that position sorted this next few weeks.

Disappointed really we haven't had a midfielder lined up. We can make excuses all day but the issue has been glaring for months... Hojbjerg clearly wasn't interested. Allan can be signed regardless as he wasnt getting a sniff of the first team in Napoli's european games. Other leagues have finished. We need that position sorted this next few weeks.

At this point even if we sign Allan he's gonna start training with us way later than the rest of the squad so I hope people are prepared to start the first few weeks of the season with 2 of Davies, gomes and Sigurdsson in midfield again! :(

Allan was literally on the bench for their CL tie. You really think they're gonna sell him BEFORE a game at Barcelona, when he'd be first in if a CM was unfit or injured beforehand? They've not brought him on knowing the tie has gone and he's about to be sold for £20m+ Why risk that for 20 minutes of play?

Allan was always going to take longer due to Napoli's CL involvement,. So no, he couldn't be signed any earlier. Same way Koulibaly, if he leaves would never have left before hand.

We have to shift players on big wages that have returned, for FFP compliance. That seems to be the gist. Sandro, Bolasie, Besic etc.
What a miserable position we got ourselves into.
Think it's impossible to keep most transfer dealings secret. I reckon th players agents leak details to try and get other teams interested. The higher the fee the more money for the agents
Its in the agents interest to leak interest in their client.

Look around, mate, aside from City and Chelsea nobody else has really brought any new faces in. Teams are struggling at the moment with finances and this Summer is going to be extremely difficult to capture targets. We're not an attractive option, our targets will be holding out for offers from other clubs which is why sometimes we have to play the waiting game.

I would see through all the frustration if other teams were splashing cash and improving, but it's all paper chat for majority of clubs in the league at the minute.

Look around, mate, aside from City and Chelsea nobody else has really brought any new faces in. Teams are struggling at the moment with finances and this Summer is going to be extremely difficult to capture targets. We're not an attractive option, our targets will be holding out for offers from other clubs which is why sometimes we have to play the waiting game.

I would see through all the frustration if other teams were splashing cash and improving, but it's all paper chat for majority of clubs in the league at the minute.

;)

I mean if we dont sign anyone does it REALLY matter?

We are a no mark club that does nothing year after year, after year. Nothing.

Should probably just not bother, save our money, give our transfer kitty to the homeless or something.

?

I second this.

Humanity at the service of football, or whatever she said.

Status
Not open for further replies.