Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate, cos none of them are worth money.

And most will probably be loaned out, its mostly about freeing up the wage bill, which is currently fit to bursting.
True
But there's s fair chunk of cash come off the wage bill in the last couple of weeks.
Most likely more in the next few weeks , gives us some wiggle room for this window and the next 2/3.
Dont think its as bad as some are making out tbh.
We are skint on paper but I'm sure a money man like Moshiri knows how to play the market over the next year or so , especially with FFP being relaxed.
So Lingard & Ivanovic it is then.

Hmmm:

Ligue 1 side Lille have announced they have reached an agreement with UEFA after the club breached FFP rules.

Lille had a deficit of more than €30m over the course of three seasons and posted losses of €100m in 2018.

Lille: “The financial situation from the 2017/18 season triggered an investigation from the European body and necessitated an agreement between the two parties which the club is satisfied with, judging it to be fair.”

Lille have to adhere to a number of financial restrictions until season 2023/24 as a result of the agreement.

I think we'll give up on the CB hunt if Gabriel decides to go elsewhere.

Personally I'd be looking at:
  • Allan - £20m.
    • It makes too much sense now. He's out of favour in Naples, Carlo knows him and he has everything we miss in midfield (aggression, ball retention, tackling). He's not going to get 10 assists, but someone who can win then keep the ball in midfield would be a game changer for us. If we can get him on a 3 year deal for £20m, the lack of resale value isn't a big deal.
  • Bailey - £25m.
    • Despite having a bit of an off season he's still highly rated and turned 23 today. If the rumours are true that he's available for £25m we should be all over it. He's lightning quick, direct and tricky. The perfect kind of purchase for us as one decent season doubles his value. Wages wouldn't be cheap as he's supposedly on 75k pw at Bayer.
  • James Rodriguez - loan £6m fee (Bayern paid £12m for 2 seasons).
    • One year left on a massive contract and just turned 29. I can't see any clubs coming in for a big fee so it'll probably be a loan. Carlo absolutely loves him and he loves Carlo. The hype around him signing alone is worth every penny and it'll show our current players, and football generally that we're serious. Absolute magic and would make things happen in the attack.
  • At right back Celik (£20m) would be brilliant. I watched most of Lille's games last season (less this season, but he's looked just as good) and he has a bit of everything.
    • For a cheaper option Centonze from Metz was solid all season and is only 24 - could be worth going for if we want to spend money elsewhere.
  • If we do decide to shift one of Mina or Keane, and can't get Gabriel in, we should be going for Thiago Silva on a free transfer with a 2 year deal @ £150k pw.
    • Another one of Carlo's favourites, huge experience and still a top footballer despite his age.
No idea on left back. Wouldn't be surprised if we promote Niels and hope for the best lol.

Looking at the above we'd be looking at a total outlay of approx £70m (a chunk offset with the sale of Mina or Keane who I assume would fetch £20m+ themselves), and a sizeable increase of wages (hopefully offset when we manage to scam clubs into taking some of our terrible high earners).

The difference to the quality of the squad would be huge if we pulled off something like this, with a change back to 4-2-3-1:

lineup.PNG

Squad options being:
Virginia
Coleman
Niels
Iwobi
Gordon
Bernard (if he stays?)
Kean
Davies
Gbamin
Mina or Keane
Branthwaite

I think we'll give up on the CB hunt if Gabriel decides to go elsewhere.

Personally I'd be looking at:
  • Allan - £20m.
    • It makes too much sense now. He's out of favour in Naples, Carlo knows him and he has everything we miss in midfield (aggression, ball retention, tackling). He's not going to get 10 assists, but someone who can win then keep the ball in midfield would be a game changer for us. If we can get him on a 3 year deal for £20m, the lack of resale value isn't a big deal.
  • Bailey - £25m.
    • Despite having a bit of an off season he's still highly rated and turned 23 today. If the rumours are true that he's available for £25m we should be all over it. He's lightning quick, direct and tricky. The perfect kind of purchase for us as one decent season doubles his value. Wages wouldn't be cheap as he's supposedly on 75k pw at Bayer.
  • James Rodriguez - loan £6m fee (Bayern paid £12m for 2 seasons).
    • One year left on a massive contract and just turned 29. I can't see any clubs coming in for a big fee so it'll probably be a loan. Carlo absolutely loves him and he loves Carlo. The hype around him signing alone is worth every penny and it'll show our current players, and football generally that we're serious. Absolute magic and would make things happen in the attack.
  • At right back Celik (£20m) would be brilliant. I watched most of Lille's games last season (less this season, but he's looked just as good) and he has a bit of everything.
    • For a cheaper option Centonze from Metz was solid all season and is only 24 - could be worth going for if we want to spend money elsewhere.
  • If we do decide to shift one of Mina or Keane, and can't get Gabriel in, we should be going for Thiago Silva on a free transfer with a 2 year deal @ £150k pw.
    • Another one of Carlo's favourites, huge experience and still a top footballer despite his age.
No idea on left back. Wouldn't be surprised if we promote Niels and hope for the best lol.

Looking at the above we'd be looking at a total outlay of approx £70m (a chunk offset with the sale of Mina or Keane who I assume would fetch £20m+ themselves), and a sizeable increase of wages (hopefully offset when we manage to scam clubs into taking some of our terrible high earners).

The difference to the quality of the squad would be huge if we pulled off something like this, with a change back to 4-2-3-1:

View attachment 97154

Squad options being:
Virginia
Coleman
Niels
Iwobi
Gordon
Bernard (if he stays?)
Kean
Davies
Gbamin
Mina or Keane
Branthwaite
I really would hope Kean makes the jump this summer and we partner him up with DCL up top. Gives Richy the option to work magic on the wing. I would absolutely love Bailey. Lovely skill and adore watching him in the Gold Cup over here in the US. Stands out immensely Compared to the skill in the cup. Allen is almost confirmed at this point and would be a fantastic partner with Gomes. Honestly would love Gbamin to get his health sorted and we may be looking really good in the midfield and would almost run a flat 4-3-3. Lovely outlook with these rumors. I can do with our CBs at this point but would love an attacking RB to come into the side. #UTFT

The BBC didn't list him.

But Napoli did.

I moved this to the transfer thread goaty...

Just wanted to point out that;

Ospina(31)
Di Lorenzo(27) Manolas(29) Koulibaly(29) Rui(29)
Ruiz(24) Demme(28) Zielinski(26)
Callejon(33) Mertens(33) Insigne(29)

Ageing side avg age 28.9.

Pickford(26)
??? Holgate(23) ??? Digne(27)
??? ??? Gomes(27)
Kean(20) DCL(23) Richarlison(23)
Emerging team avg age 24.1

So our young age is probably why were linked with Allan to lend some experience in the middle (not to mention is ability and attitude).

Also interesting that otherwise players linked are almost all under the average age of the 7players i listed above.

When you look at the Napoli comparison, 4 signings really changes the team in a 433 and so we would need 5 in a 442.

My guess is one or two signings with experience with a view to them being starters for 2 seasons...and the rest of the signings being around 23 or less.

Fast forward 2 years and we will probably have a starting avg ave of about 25 i think which is the same time we can spend money as the huge contracts and fees spent in 2017/2018 season will have elapsed.

A glass washer for pubs and such which worked like a car wash, cleaning and drying each glass of all shapes and sizes individually. It never got further than doodles. Last off topic post from me.

Great idea, this. Can’t believe we’re still doing it manually, it’s 2020 ffs where is my dish car washer?!

A glass washer for pubs and such which worked like a car wash, cleaning and drying each glass of all shapes and sizes individually. It never got further than doodles. Last off topic post from me.

First I thourght this was stupid but I used to hate racking and loading and unloading the glass washer when I was a barman it was a pain. You didn't have to dry them the heat of the water meant that it evaporated, interesting idea but probably not practical size wize for most places.

Hmmm:

Ligue 1 side Lille have announced they have reached an agreement with UEFA after the club breached FFP rules.

Lille had a deficit of more than €30m over the course of three seasons and posted losses of €100m in 2018.

Lille: “The financial situation from the 2017/18 season triggered an investigation from the European body and necessitated an agreement between the two parties which the club is satisfied with, judging it to be fair.”

Lille have to adhere to a number of financial restrictions until season 2023/24 as a result of the agreement.

I could see us doing a similar deal to what arsenal did with Pepe amortising the transfer over a long period of time

Status
Not open for further replies.