Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over Dele Alli? (Actually I think I'd go with Lingard).

I was going to also suggest Slippy G. But that face is more deserving of a baseball bat.

Alli is a blurt but he isn't even on the same dimension as lingard, just everything about him makes he want to chicken him out.

I genuinely won't be going the game if pay him real money to be a part of this club

Jesse Lingard type signings are part of the reason we are where we are.

if we are going to catch up to the likes of Man Utd then how we going to do that with players they deemed not good enough.

he wouldn’t improve our midfield and that’s saying something considering how bad our midfield is.

he would be just another waster stealing a wage and not giving a s*@t

With a big Fat one on the go lol

1596803897850.png

Tom Davies

PL appearances: 105
PL goals: 5
PL assists: 4

Jessie Lingard

PL appearances: 133
PL goals: 18
PL assists: 12

About as absolutely crap as each other. Both in the bin.

....comparing a DM and an attacking midfielder is a bit like comparing apples and pears. Lingard will often time his runs to get beyond his striker and exploit the space behind.

....comparing a DM and an attacking midfielder is a bit like comparing apples and pears. Lingard will often time his runs to get beyond his striker and exploit the space behind.
Wait, which one is a DM? Surely not 8 stone Thomas Davies?!

I hate Lingard and I hope we go nowhere near him but he’d be our best midfielder by a distance if he joined. That’s the quality gap we’re trying to close.

How much Man Utd dross do we have to sign before people realise that Dump Man Utd Player does not equal Good Everton Player?

He is truly dreadful. Played in advanced roles his whole career with dismal output in terms of goals and assists. He'd fit into our current team brilliantly, which is NOT a good thing.

I don't think it is possible for that to happen. What I am saying is someone at his age and level, given our financial constraints and the amount of players we need to be a good side, should only be considered for cheap. Maybe not strictly a free but the upper limit should be well below 30m.

I love Gana but if we signed him last summer for 30m it would have been mad. PSG don't have to worry about money.

I get your point, but the consideration should always be value, rather than just cost. I appreciate that there is going to be a massively diminishing sell-on value as the years tick by BUT (and I know it's a stretch given our recent transfers), a 29yo midfielder in good physical nick could have 4-5 years left at the top level so we'd be paying £6m-£7.5m per year, plus wages, for a player in a vital position in our squad to raise the level of the team overall.

If Carlo thinks he can get the lad in and playing then I'd be happy with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.