Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
rather get him in and focus more on centre mid. It’s not the ultimate solution (thank goodness he’s not German) but it does take huge pressure off the full back recruitment, especially given we signed that French under 21 full back kid.
Yeah left back wouldn't be a priority at all for me, just saying I wouldn't take that into account when assessing the signing of Dalot. We already have Delph who can 'fill in' at left back, so we don't really need someone who can just do a job there. To be honest i've not seen a lot of Dalot so I can't really say i'd be happy or unhappy with the signing. It would, once again, seem a little unimaginative and straight out of the 'signings you expect Everton to make' playbook, but that doesn't necessarily make it a bad idea.

Granted, I think Dalot is miles better than Martina was, but my issue tbh is only having one natural left footed full back in the squad. If Digne got injured, the balance of the team suffers massively when you are needing the full backs to provide width. I think we need two full backs - one to challenge/replace Coleman on the right and another, ideally on loan, to cover for Digne while the French kid gets up to speed - this is, after all, why we offered Baines another year. We were planning to have two right backs and two left backs in the squad this season, Dalot may well have ended up as the RB anyway, I don't see any reason that should change tbh.

Oh i agree its better to have a left footer, but if we are tighter for money than planned due to COVID, then bringing in one who can cover both and using money in midfield is a wise plan.

Wouldn't be wholly against Dalot. 10m is peanuts in this day and age.

More interested in getting midfield sorted ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.