Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed.

But Dalot has failed at a club that is a shadow of what it was a decade ago.
I want the very best players. Players I would pay money to watch. That hasn't been the case here since 08/09 when we went so, so close. Even attending games in 2013 under Roberto I didn't think we would win stuff. I really need that feeling back. Like in the mid 80's and under Joe Royle.
It has been far, far too long and I am bored of being fodder.

The very best cost money usually sadly.

Or you roll the dice on players like this.

There are no easy answers.

Of course we are a mid table club.
I don’t see how anyone can convince themselves otherwise.
It’s not even questionable it’s a cold hard fact.
A generation since we were last champions and just one 4th place finish in the PL era.
What else could we be?
Even if you look at the entirety of our history our overall average finishing position is somewhere around 9th., I believe.

We can’t argue that we are anything other than a mid-table side at the moment; however, our historical average position (if it is 9th) doesn’t mean that much. It doesn’t mean that there are eight teams with a better average. In terms of historical consistency, it’s much more relevant that we have secured the third highest number of points in the top flight. Unfortunately, in terms of the current situation, it is pretty meaningless!

1st place here we come!

When will the club learn that buying cast offs from United/Arsenal means stagnation/regression
It’s almost like we’re far worse than United or Arsenal and the only way to bridge that gap is buying players like that. Like it or not no player good enough to play for a team like that will want to go near the 12th best team in England, especially if a team like that is interested. We can’t attract top class players, it’s just a simple fact.

I'm not against Dalot. I dont think hes as bad as United fans make out.

I just was saying there's probably other options out there in other leagues.
He was the worst player on the pitch by a mile when we beat them 4-0 not too long ago.

Sign him up. Exactly the type of low-risk gamble we should be taking, and none of the previous horror show signings on high fees and high wages such as Iwobi, Pickford, Schneiderlin, Keane, Tosun and Bolasie.
Looks better than what we have - of course I am sure even some of ours look good in their youtube vids.

He was the worst player on the pitch by a mile when we beat them 4-0 not too long ago.

Very good call out, he was absolutely burned in that game. To be fair he was playing out of position. He's really talented and young, however, so it could be worth a gamble. Especially on loan with an option to buy. Like others have said, depends on the overall budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.