Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We aren't in a position to sign old players anymore. Maybe 4 years ago. But the rape and pillage of our ffp has meant that hoarding more players with 0 sell-on value would have disastrous implications.

You know as well as I do that none of the current CL teams are building their cores out of older players even if they do occasionally accent the squad with them. We wouldn't be doing that with Willian or Allan.

I'm not trying to be confusing here so let me be clear we shouldn't be looking at any big 6 side for guidance right now.
Nope I don’t disagree on a young core, I’m totally on board there. I also agree on an accent of older players, I’d have no prob with 30 million on Allan, if he proved to be as effective as say Parkinson or Carsley in terms of value.

If you had to ask me who I though was Citys best player in their last two seasons of winning the league I’d say Fernandhi o, a big reason I think they disintegrated this season, is they tried to shoe him in at centre back to cover Laporte as they were caught short. All the money in the world they will struggle to replace him, absolute value.

Looks a decent little player

Wouldn't go as far as to say he's pl proven at this stage though, given he's had one year finished rock bottom and scored a single goal.
Well PL proven to me means he can handle himself and provide enough quality to warrant playing in the PL, 1 goal 6 assists. Alright it's not the best but that would put him as second in our assist table.

Well PL proven to me means he can handle himself and provide enough quality to warrant playing in the PL, 1 goal 6 assists. Alright it's not the best but that would put him as second in our assist table.

Depends how much they would want I suppose, can't be any worse than what we have wide at the moment can it!

honestly not sure why we aren't in for Buendia, Ticks all the boxes.
RM.
Creative.
PL proven and a decent price at 20m.

I would prefer we just sign a Buendia type ourselves at a low fee so we didn't have to keep reverting to buying off fellow English teams but not sure if we can take a risk on a position that is in dire need of help.

I would go for Buendia, Allan, Gabriel and a rb. Nice upgrade for every position that need an upgrade. Lm on loan could be the the icing on the cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.