Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both for me. Nobody put a tackle in but nobody did anything remotely impressive in an attacking sense either. The central midfielders got about 1 goal and 2 assists between the lot of them, we absolutely need more attacking impetus in there.
Aye we do need both but I think we need to prioritise somebody who can actually battle and win the ball back and not just let bang average players like Ward Prowse waltz through the middle of the park and take the piss out of us at Goodison

I’m pretty sure the FT reported Usmanov had some involvement in negotiations.
I was being sarcastic (i think) mate.

It is blatently obvious that ancelotti and usmanov did not meet in a social setting for a drink like old buddies.

Farhad has got Uncle Uzzy's backing, its just whether the club can utilise it fully with FFP.

I mean the £30m fee for the OPTION TO BUY stadium rights is prove of the dodgyness

I was being sarcastic (i think) mate.

It is blatently obvious that ancelotti and usmanov did not meet in a social setting for a drink like old buddies.

Farhad has got Uncle Uzzy's backing, its just whether the club can utilise it fully with FFP.

I mean the £30m fee for the OPTION TO BUY stadium rights is prove of the dodgyness
Yeah he’s definitely involved in some capacity. He was fairly open in the FT interview that he is happy to “help” Everton.

The Tansfermarkt virgins have him valued at 20-something million
Can't ever see a club taking that much of a loss though

Except us ha we overspend and have to take a massive hit every time, other teams should have to live with that too.

And we will finish mid table twice with him before he goes back to Brazil. It's a waste of time. We have to build longer term.

Not to mention while Willian is good, he is not and has not ever been genuinely world class and wouldn't transform the side on his own.

We can do both. Just because we sign an experienced player doesn't mean we just jib off the longer term stuff. Silva for example would be useful for a season or two and then Branthwaite can take the role full time.

We can do both. Just because we sign an experienced player doesn't mean we just jib off the longer term stuff. Silva for example would be useful for a season or two and then Branthwaite can take the role full time.

not a bad suggestion but doubt Silva has two seasons in the Prem myself but that ain’t my call

Status
Not open for further replies.