Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our recruitment needs an entire revamp though. Id far rather see young hungry players from the championship than overpaid mercenaries looking for a comfortable final pay day.

I'd happily see us not buy one player from the Premier league this summer. Richarlison about the only time we got it right and there's about 10 examples where it went wrong.

There are decent players in the championship too. A lad at Reading, Swift, will probably go for 3.5 million. Never going to be a world beater, but to me much better than our midfielders minus Gomes.

Players like him are rugged, theyve had 150+ games in the English system. Sometimes I think we miss a trick a little.

I'm not against caste offs and infact am broadly in favour. However I'd also state, Calvert Lewin, Holgate are probably right up there too, along with Gueye. Only 2 of that list are caste offs.

My big concern with caste offs, is are we judging the character well enough? Are we looking at why the player didnt make it at his previous team, and whether he has the hunger to do it at his next team. In my view, Schneiderlin, Iwobi, Walcott etc seem to really lack that to me.

If I'm honest I'd recruit a few more from the championship. Get some lads in for who this is their biggest club and have a gratitude to be here, and hopefully that will toughen us a little.

Overall though, I agree. Theres no easy and simple rule. We just need better recruitment full stop.
Yes agree you need a mix of players and to look at mentality look at Cahill one of our best players of recent times he had the mentality to fight. It's also buying with an idea of how they fit together. Look at our midfield for example too many players of a similiar skill set.

Does anyone know what the total of Brands signings are and for how much.?
How many are still here and what are they worth now.?

Lucas Digne - £18m
Yerry Mina - £27m
Richarlison - £35m
Fabian Delph - £8m
Andre Gomes - £22m
Jean-Phillipe Gbamin - £22m
Moise Kean - £25m
Alex Iwobi - £27m
Bernard - Free
Lossl - Free

Total - £184m

What they are worth now is highly debatable

Last edited:
Lucas Digne - £18m
Yerry Mina - £27m
Richarlison - £35m
Fabian Delph - £8m
Andre Gomes - £22m
Moise Kean - £25m
Alex Iwobi - £27m

Total - £184m

That seems to be a lot better than I thought it was.
Thanks for the info.
What about Walsh record then, was it better.?

Lucas Digne - £18m
Yerry Mina - £27m
Richarlison - £35m
Fabian Delph - £8m
Andre Gomes - £22m
Moise Kean - £25m
Alex Iwobi - £27m

Total - £184m

Out of those I'd say Digne, Mina, and Richarlison have all been good signings. Juries out on Gomes, Gbamin, and Kean. Iwobi looks like a bad signing.

Not sure where I would put Bernard, think he's got a lot of quality, despite his recent form, but doesn't ever seem to do enough or get a consistent run in the team.

That seems to be a lot better than I thought it was.
Thanks for the info.
What about Walsh record then, was it better.?

Maarten Stekelenberg - £1m
DCL - £2m
Idrissa Gueye - £8m
Ademola Lookman - £8m
Ashley Williams - £13m
Morgan Schneiderlin - £21m
Yannick Bolasie - £26m
Sandro Ramirez - £6m
Wayne Rooney - Free
Cuco Martina - Free
Henry Onyekuru - £7m
Nikola Vlasic - £10m