Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we did that our fans would moan about us going for crap players nobody else wants. The window has been open a few days, there's no harm in us trying for the best first up, thankfully brands is more patient than our fans
Maybe I am not just talking about this window. Our strategy in other windows hasnt proved successful even when we get our so called targets. Maybe we need to get some more hungry players not cast offs.

14 days is still an appreciable length of time.
Considering we are only planning on signing two or three players there is surely no cause for concern at the moment.

Feels like the season just finished a couple of weeks ago.

Buckle in lads, it’s a long time until Oct 5th, not even at the end of the beginning yet.

Lukaku and Richarlison were premier league players. Digne was a Barcelona ‘cast off’. Probably the three best singing we’ve made in the post Moyes era. Players should be judged individually not as part of a stupid ‘I don’t want Man U/Barca cast offs, championship players, prem players etc.’

I'm not against caste offs and infact am broadly in favour. However I'd also state, Calvert Lewin, Holgate are probably right up there too, along with Gueye. Only 2 of that list are caste offs.

My big concern with caste offs, is are we judging the character well enough? Are we looking at why the player didnt make it at his previous team, and whether he has the hunger to do it at his next team. In my view, Schneiderlin, Iwobi, Walcott etc seem to really lack that to me.

If I'm honest I'd recruit a few more from the championship. Get some lads in for who this is their biggest club and have a gratitude to be here, and hopefully that will toughen us a little.

Overall though, I agree. Theres no easy and simple rule. We just need better recruitment full stop.

Feels like the season just finished a couple of weeks ago.

Buckle in lads, it’s a long time until Oct 5th, not even at the end of the beginning yet.

Whether people do or dont is up to them, but I would really advise people to probably accept we wont have players in for pre season, or even for the start of the new season. You are going to have a lot of teams who dont even finish their season until the end of August. It's going to be difficult to make a lot of decisions before then, and we are not a big enough fish to jump to the head of that cue.

I've resigned myself to that. Its frustrating, but its where we are as a club. If we can get some in before that's a good bonus, but I expect us, like quite a few teams to go to the wire.

Just realised any player who sign from overseas will have to do a 14 day quarantine.

I think that coupled with a shortened preseason = a lot of damp sheets this window

Status
Not open for further replies.