Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry winks would be our best midfielder by several thousand light years. Sad but true.
1CAEFD2B-DC24-4A78-B372-2877AC4D4C72.png

Everton: Hi would you be interested in joining us?
Player: Yeah possibly, what are you aims and ambitions?
Everton: OMG well we've got this amazing new waterfront stadium in the works, amazing fans, we're building and aiming for regular European football and cup wins blah blah blah
Player: wow that sounds amazing! What sort of wages could you offer me?
Everton: ....
Player: ?
Everton: ....
Agent: Hello Everton are you there? My client is really interested but since you contacted us 6 months a go several other clubs are also interested
Player: EvErToN?!?!?!
Everton: Hello we shall send you a delegation to talk more.
Agent: Okay great looking forward to it, but we want to move quickly.

1 month later

Any other top 6 team: Alright pal, want to join us? European football, £100k a week, regular first team football and cup wins.
Player: Sure!

4 months later

Everton: Hello we can offer you £45k per week, is this satisfactory?

Sky Sports News Transfer YELLOW banner klaxon!!!

Player chooses top 6 team

Everton sign Harry Winks

I like how we do business, take our time weigh up the pros and cons, make sure it is the right player for the club, don't rush in until the last moment when we end up paying double for someone we didn't really want. Reassuringly expensive.

We seem to hang out for players who have several options rather than identifying someone who will definitely come here, getting it all signed off before anyone else is even that involved. Southampton and Leicester have done this in recent days. Identify find out if they want to come then bid, mixing it with CL clubs will only end one way. I'd rather have someone who wanted to be here then hang out for some of these glamour yet flatter to deceive signings.

If we did that our fans would moan about us going for crap players nobody else wants. The window has been open a few days, there's no harm in us trying for the best first up, thankfully brands is more patient than our fans

Status
Not open for further replies.