Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
fwiw, if this is about Bailey, I believe we've been scouting him for quite a while.

Not that it's any inside info or anything (not indexing myself) but we've had scouts at plenty of Leverkusen games and before lockdown there was talk of our interest in Bailey.

Oh yeh, we were linked in the past, just the wording of the tweet was bizarre. Like they needed to wait till next week's game to know what he's about.

....I’d think salary on offer would be the key to any move and there’s not many clubs who can compete with the wealth of the PL. It’s not only the player who is setting himself up for supreme riches, it’s also his representatives.

A good agent will help him maximize the returns on this contract. A great one will help him position to maximize the total returns on this contract AND the next one.

Whether he'd benefit more from the visibility of the Prem or from being at a club that is in the CL and is less of a project is debatable. Not having to learn/really master the local language is probably a plus as far as he's concerned.

Brands is supposedly the think tank and master recruiter but so far he thinks and overly drags on while the market's hot players are being snatched up by the top clubs. We often take action only picking up scraps towards the end and making last minute buys which equally cost us as much then if we've taken action earlier. Carlos evidently wanted action! Promises have been made to him and he may end up disappointed just like us, for years!
If the top clubs are after them then they sure as hell won’t be coming here no matter who the DoF is.

It's not unthinkable that a Brazilian player thinking of making the move to Europe might prefer the cultural ties with Portugal and the Champions League football on offer over a mid-table club that hasn't won a pot in 25 years.

But then he realises the 25k a week he's getting in Portugal is not as good as the 90k in England playing in the biggest league in football...

Status
Not open for further replies.