Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes brother that’s spirit, I want those Moyes days back ASAP. Loads of fight, but when push comes to shove we lack the quality to take us on.... I long for those days, they were glorious.

Yeah, I'd hate finishing above 12th. Much prefer having no midfield and blowing hundreds of millions on c**p players. What a time to be alive. Hopefully we can look forward to a relegation battle next season.

Glad we've moved on from those Moyes days.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200805-065411_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200805-065411_Samsung Internet.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 226
What some helmet on the internet making out he knows about our clubs accounts better then the multi billionaire accountant that actually owns us?

He's a doom mongering gimp that tries to twist facts to suit his poisonous rhetoric and is made to look like a fool every year when we spend.

He said we wouldn't spend a penny last year and we spent 30m net?
He has had Sasha Ryantsev on his show talking about the finances of the club, why would he go on if there wasn't a little bit of merit to what he says?

He said we wouldn’t spend any. Also we bid 52 for Zaha. Obviously we wouldn’t have bought iwobi. Also who knows what wouid have happened with Zouma. If Chelsea didn’t sell Luiz.

i doubt last summer moshiri told brands he only had 30mil. And theEsk has got loads of things wrong
Its not about what Moshiri has or does the simple fact is we are penned in by FFP it has not been cancelled it has simply moved a year, if we spend big this summer then it is a fire sale next year, so I think we will sell someone this year, I thought it would be Pickford but his post lockdown form put pay to that, so I expect it will probably be Digne, but the netspend will not be massive it simply can't be as the Esk says, whether you like him or not there is merit in what he says

I'd rather sign cheaper solid signings that fit a model and would want to play, than big bank busting signings that are obviously only coming for the money.

People need to remember as rich as our history is and our owners are that we are nothing more than mid table fodder atm. A squad needs building with character, not just expensive individuals lashed together

Why is it always our transfers take so long? Likely because players like Gabriel think they're due better and wait it out for offers

Everyone assumes because Carlo agreed to join, it can only be because he was guaranteed massive amounts of money to spend. But if you listen to what he has said, and if you read what he said in his book in relation to wanting a project to oversee and build a club from the bottom up, then maybe this is what he was promised. That his input would listened to. That we will build a side over a longer period of time. That he will be given to time to see it through.

The media still can't believe we got him, so their initial thought is, he must've been given assurances about spend. And maybe he was. But the game is rigged and we can't just go out and spend hundreds of millions without breaking the rules. So while I don't think we are in any financial trouble like we have been many times before under previous regimes, we have to be realistic and sensible.

Over the next 3-4 years, we should see a gradual increase of income due to improved commercial/sponsorship deals and eventually, the increased revenue from the stadium. And we will also be able to finish off a number of expensive contracts that return very little. But none of this can be done over night. We are currently hampered by all of this, and it shouldn't be coming as a surprise to anyone, least of all Ancelotti and Brands.

Which brings us to transfers. If rumours are true, we have been linked with several older players that are either being released or are out of favour with their current teams, all of whom Carlo has worked with before. Ivanovic, Silva, Allan, even Rodriguez and Bale. Some are definitely more realistic than others. But all of them have a winning mentality that none of our current players have.

Maybe Carlo aims to first and foremost address this obvious attitude problem in the squad, and has identified 3 or 4 players who he thinks will help in that. All he has said so far is that the squad will improve and that players need to show more desire and energy.

I think, maybe, the true rebuild won't start until next year at the earliest. This year is all about the attitude shift, instilling a bit of steel and a winning mentality. I am not expecting any major marquee signings, unless we sell a big name or there is a deal that is too good to turn down.

I think him and Brands are playing the long game on this 1.
Yeah I agree with a lot of that, but all this talk of no money, or £20 million without more sales, I believe is wide of the mark. I think we'll spend a decent amount by the end of the window, but it will probably be way short of what we would like.

And a project is one thing, but remember this man has had almost unlimited funds in some of his previous jobs. He knows he ain't getting that here and is committed to the long haul, but equally, he ain't just going to be signing players on free transfers and loans.

Its not about what Moshiri has or does the simple fact is we are penned in by FFP it has not been cancelled it has simply moved a year, if we spend big this summer then it is a fire sale next year, so I think we will sell someone this year, I thought it would be Pickford but his post lockdown form put pay to that, so I expect it will probably be Digne, but the netspend will not be massive it simply can't be as the Esk says, whether you like him or not there is merit in what he says
I will let a billionaire account try and find a way around FFP. And not believe some guy who does blogs and podcasts and comes across a know it all, when he gets a lot of things wrong.

Like when he sort of agreed “ yes this definitely could happen” was the words he used. When a Liverpool fan/business man. Said because of covid Everton’s ground build won’t start until 2025. It was quickly pointed out to theEsk the guy was a fraud lol

I don’t expect us to have a Net spend of 200mil, but I expect it to higher than 20. Ancelotti is key for me, you don’t hire him and his team and pay them 80 to a 100mil in salaries over the 4.5yrs and not back him, that would be criminal. They have to find a way to back him.

Everyone assumes because Carlo agreed to join, it can only be because he was guaranteed massive amounts of money to spend. But if you listen to what he has said, and if you read what he said in his book in relation to wanting a project to oversee and build a club from the bottom up, then maybe this is what he was promised. That his input would listened to. That we will build a side over a longer period of time. That he will be given to time to see it through.

The media still can't believe we got him, so their initial thought is, he must've been given assurances about spend. And maybe he was. But the game is rigged and we can't just go out and spend hundreds of millions without breaking the rules. So while I don't think we are in any financial trouble like we have been many times before under previous regimes, we have to be realistic and sensible.

Over the next 3-4 years, we should see a gradual increase of income due to improved commercial/sponsorship deals and eventually, the increased revenue from the stadium. And we will also be able to finish off a number of expensive contracts that return very little. But none of this can be done over night. We are currently hampered by all of this, and it shouldn't be coming as a surprise to anyone, least of all Ancelotti and Brands.

Which brings us to transfers. If rumours are true, we have been linked with several older players that are either being released or are out of favour with their current teams, all of whom Carlo has worked with before. Ivanovic, Silva, Allan, even Rodriguez and Bale. Some are definitely more realistic than others. But all of them have a winning mentality that none of our current players have.

Maybe Carlo aims to first and foremost address this obvious attitude problem in the squad, and has identified 3 or 4 players who he thinks will help in that. All he has said so far is that the squad will improve and that players need to show more desire and energy.

I think, maybe, the true rebuild won't start until next year at the earliest. This year is all about the attitude shift, instilling a bit of steel and a winning mentality. I am not expecting any major marquee signings, unless we sell a big name or there is a deal that is too good to turn down.

I think him and Brands are playing the long game on this 1.
In Ancelotti’s last 4 or 5 interviews, he’s talked about the ambition of the club and owner and wanting to fight for titles. We ain’t doing that on free’s and loans.

also he said we didn’t have to sell to buy.
Obviously he’s talked to Moshiri. Brands and maybe Usmanov. But he’s In for a shock when he sits down with theEsk and gets the true facts.

I will let a billionaire account try and find a way around FFP. And not believe some guy who does blogs and podcasts and comes across a know it all, when he gets a lot of things wrong.

Like when he sort of agreed “ yes this definitely could happen” was the words he used. When a Liverpool fan/business man. Said because of covid Everton’s ground build won’t start until 2025. It was quickly pointed out to theEsk the guy was a fraud lol

I don’t expect us to have a Net spend of 200mil, but I expect it to higher than 20. Ancelotti is key for me, you don’t hire him and his team and pay them 80 to a 100mil in salaries over the 4.5yrs and not back him, that would be criminal. They have to find a way to back him.

I liked the esk when he was posting on here. I think the info he got was off piste and he chose to believe someone who let him down (intentionally or not). I think his heart was in the right place.

I listened to one of his podcasts a week or two ago and there seemed there were a lot of random views and arguments thrown around with zero substance. That was my first time, i think there were 4 people on it going on about the players / brands and moshiri and it literally made no sense as it was so random without factual basis.

All conjecture and no substance.

As for the accounting side, i work with numbers and im pretty confident some of the guys ive worked with could easily analyse the clubs finances at a high level. Again though, its pointless because with FFP there are such random factors and rules which negate traditional markets and solutions to problems.

1: We need to move players on...

Thats really very obvious when we had over 35 players in the first team squad eating wages.

2: Brands hasnt done anything with the youth sides

Hasnt he? If not why? Who knows.. no one but those inside the club

3: We have only X million to spend

Total nonsense. There are plenty of ways around FFP.

Ancelotti also usually signs a handful or less players a year. Its unlikely we will sign more than 5 because of that data + the current squad size (even after a mass cull) + the wages need to come down.

I mean its hardly rocket science that we wont sign 10 superstars when Ancelotti and Brands are aligned in an evolution phase of a rebuild.

Not having a dig at him but it seems a bit pointless to analyse finances and link them to transfers or youth development or even capability of directors or coaches without any evidence or link between the two.

For me, i just hope Brands can shift out 15 or 16 more players this window and get us down to 16 ish first teamers. Then of course 5 more signings + youth players are added to the first team for a 23 man squad.

It would make my day to see some of our wasters punted.

Think some of you need to chill out on the esk thing. Having listened to the odd podcast he seems a nice enough fella.

No one's forcing you to read his blog or listen to his podcast.

If you don't agree fair enough, but slagging someone off whose at least having a go at creating some content is OTT.

Sign Allan, another young athletic CM and a left footed winger for 50-60M

Sell Siggy, Delph, Bernard and all the other loaned out deadwood you can.

Probably not looking at better than 7th or 8th next season but its financially responsible and has us moving in the right direction.
I would be happy with this scenario, especially if we throw in 2 good cup runs as well!

Yeah, I'd hate finishing above 12th. Much prefer having no midfield and blowing hundreds of millions on c**p players. What a time to be alive. Hopefully we can look forward to a relegation battle next season.

Glad we've moved on from those Moyes days.
At least we try something different
Moyes playing for the draw and not even turning up against top 6 clubs
He’s a ginger wimp

Status
Not open for further replies.