Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
@mikeh72 @sageyefc @Connor

Thoughts on us lining up with both Gylfi (as per Kirkbride) and Zouma (Castles)?

1596555654460.png

I can understand why we are skint though money has just been thrown away on absolute crap, big fees silly wages on long contracts. We have reached the point were the only way is down I'm afraid.
That’s my take in it. We have at last the top manager we’ve craved. But other lesser managers and DOFs have wasted all our money. Moshiri would continue to back Carlo, but FFP suggests otherwise.

I don't understand all the fuss about trying to get cover for a left back, I think we already have one in Holgate if needed, we are more in need of other players first, move on.

I don't understand all the fuss about trying to get cover for a left back, I think we already have one in Holgate if needed, we are more in need of other players first, move on.
We have that young player signed from Marseille. Presumably he’s not considered ready but perhaps worth a punt on the bench. It would seem odd to sign him and then go for that young chap from Madrid. Would have thought a journeyman left back on loan to sit on the bench.

It seems we will probably have roughly 90 million to spend on players.

If we sell and move on the players we expect, combined with those we have already, based on last years expenses and revenue and the increase form the Uzzi Stadium Fake Naming Fund(30 million) we will have about 45 million we can spend on players before break even. Then we can generate another 45 million through sales, probably mostly through a sale of Keane, but then including Besic, Gylfi, Tosun etc. That gives us 90 million to spend and break even which is plenty for a RB, CB, CM, RW and probably another CM or winger/midfielder on loan/free.

From just the numbers given out so far, we are looking at a RB around 12 million, for Gabriel at 25 million, for Allan at 20-25 million. That would still leave us 33 million for another purchase, and then a loan/free.

Cant see Carlo sticking around trying to fix a broken squad with free transfers and loads
I suppose it depends on where you think the squad would have finished in the table had Carlo been here all season.

I'd guess somewhere between 8-10 but I can imagine the board thinking it might have been higher.

My point being they may see what's "needed" in the transfer market as something totally different than the fans see.

Funny us. Appoint Koeman: “here’s a couple of hundred million fella”. Appoint Allardyce: “here you go burger nips here’s £50m.” Appoint Silva: “Loads of money there for you mate, record signing for £40m? No problem.” Appoint Ancelotti: “Have you looked at the free agents on Transfermarkt matey?”

It seems we will probably have roughly 90 million to spend on players.

If we sell and move on the players we expect, combined with those we have already, based on last years expenses and revenue and the increase form the Uzzi Stadium Fake Naming Fund(30 million) we will have about 45 million we can spend on players before break even. Then we can generate another 45 million through sales, probably mostly through a sale of Keane, but then including Besic, Gylfi, Tosun etc. That gives us 90 million to spend and break even which is plenty for a RB, CB, CM, RW and probably another CM or winger/midfielder on loan/free.

From just the numbers given out so far, we are looking at a RB around 12 million, for Gabriel at 25 million, for Allan at 20-25 million. That would still leave us 33 million for another purchase, and then a loan/free.
I love an optimist,but I've a feeling our Icelandic star is going to be a millstone we'll be lucky to shift at his wage.

Status
Not open for further replies.